Echo War Update

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I thought I'd post this out here, rather than have it go up on the main news page, because I don't know if it's frontpage worthy or not. I'll also pop in occasionally to answer questions.
Anyway, I've completed the first two chapters of the story, the Prologue and Chapter 1, and I am half way through Chapter 2. I have also designed the four main Confed fighters of the story and I'm working on some historical and technical files for each fighter and the Thresher. I also have three new Cat fighters designed and modeled in 3D.

THE PLAN
I'm going to render most of the unestablished ships with 3D models, mainly for my own visualization. But I am thinking about recruiting an artist to do some good animated GIFs, or something similar for the website to go along with the technical files.
The tech files are also going to be password protected, if I can figure out how to do it on a website. Then the passwords will be revealed during the storyline and I can regulate how the tech information is released. Otherwise, I'll simply post the appropriate information after the proper chapter is posted.

THE FIGHTING ARM OF THE T.C.S. THRESHER
Here are the names of the squadrons aboard the T.C.S. Thresher and the fighters they fly:

The Red Jacks are the elite squadron of the Thresher. They fly the RF-6A Scorpion Light Recon Fighter.

The Flying Tigers employ the F-32 Spitfire fighter\interceptor. This is also the squadron that Col. Angus "Deadeye" Taggert flies with.

The Silencers fly the F/A-11 Crusader heavy fighter.
;) This is also the favored fighter of the carriers collection of Bokan Terra. ( don't ask it's a secret that will be revealed early)

The Hammerheads use the B-55 Marauder medium bomber.

So there you have it. Once Chapter 4 is done I'll start putting the site together and release the first five chapters, P thru 4. Should be about two or three months for everything to get finished and hit the web. Then the chapters should hit relatively quickly after that.

The story will take place not to long before the Midway has left for its shakedown cruise. The Nephilim threat will also play into the Kilrathi motivations. Some of the Cat warlords already have encountered the Bugs and are expecting Confed to become entangled with them to such a degree that they can sweep in on the flank and hammer them before turning on the Bugs.
It will take place in several systems. Most notably Repleetah and an as yet unnamed "abandoned" system that the Kilrathi used to rule. It will travel to various systems, but some of the major events are at these two locations.

Back