eBay: COMPLETE WC collection

Pretty cool! Academy, Armada...*g*
Nearly everything. Nice to begin to collect and ideal for a newbie. Just bad that good things mostly have a high price. The price of quality.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
I don't get it. [/B]
Last time I posted a thread of this kind, which didn't include the non-Blair non-Casey games (Privateer, Armada, etc...), Kris pointed out the collection wasn't complete... (and he was right)

This time though, except Kilrathi Saga (which includes games you *do* get in this item), nothing is missing...

I didn't know there was an expansion pack for Strike Commander!

Oh well, since I couldn't ever get Strike Commander to run anyway, I guess I didn't really miss anything.

-The Gneech

Ah yes. I remember a discussion about boxes I had with LOAF.
How important they're. For me they weren't very important. :)
But for him. I mostly throw them away. The WC I still have, but from all other games I do.
At least we all only see what isn't in there. But except the very limited KS and maybe Super Wing Commander most things are in it. So it's 'quite' cheap, if I count what the things cost if you want to get it so.

Boxes aren't necessary for the enjoyment -- but for $430 dollars you'd damn well better include them... we could put together a package with all the games for *far* less.

its over priced for what it is, and it tried to fool you into thinking its KS, anyone who bids on it is a fool

Fine fine fine... I wonder if there will ever be a "Wing Commander deal of the decade" on eBay... :(

How's a lot of 15 CCG Booster packs for only 5 bucks? :D

It's trust. If you're napped, you give him a bad mark in his profile and that's all you can do. You paid before you get the stuff (normally). In few cases you can go to your Credit Institute to tell them to transfer a part or the whole money back to you. But this can only happen few days after the original transfer. And it leads to a bad mark in your profile. But if it is longer than a week ago, you can also forget that.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
How can wee now they are original CDS, there no pictures or anything to prove that, what if they are Copy CDs (CDR)
Fishbone said it, eBay is a serious online auction provider... with a feedback system...
If what you sell does not correspond to what you advertise, you'll get negative feedback (which happens sometimes), but generally the ones selling have a high positive feedback...

You can check another members' feedback anytime...

Oh and I got to add something: The mark always goes hand in hand with a report you have to write, before you can give a mark. So I normally check the profile before I bid at eBay. If somebody wrote, that he got copied CDs or so from that person, I'd never bid for that article. So they cannot allow that and that's the 'guarantee'. It isn't 100%. But it's good. But you can find everywhere black sheep. :)

The boxes are beautiful! I don't buy a game on Ebay or Half.com unless it's in a box and the box is in a good condition with all the inserts. Prophecy was an exception since it was only $10 and I just needed it to see what I was missing in the WC universe.

Hey gang, long time reader, but I haven't posted much. I never expected to see a thread opened because of myself, see, I'm the seller...

Now please note, I am not trying to sell anything to anyone here, or advertise, but I'd just like to clarify some of the questions and comments people have made. Just humor me I guess...

Yes, $430 is over-priced for what I'm offering, but I'm a bit of an optimist and hard up for cash (just getting out of college), but I never expected it to sell for that much. But things must be tight, if I am willing to comit the travesty of selling off my collection.

Mmmmm, boxes... I wish I had them still, but parents have a funny cleaning phase when you leave for school. Still brings tears to my eyes.

Kilrathi Saga: As WildCat astutely pointed out it doesn't include the entire Kilrathi Saga, which is why I tried to make it clear that this is only the first game from that set. If anyone is fooled into thinking it was the entire set, I apologize, and let me state it for the record: The only game that is included from the Kilrathi Saga is Wing Commander I, not Wing Commander II or Wing Commander III. The versions of Wing Commander II and III that I am selling were sold alone as seperate products.

All these games are the original CD's as 15th Rampage asked about, except for Secret Ops. That was added at the last minute (more like a moment of weakness) and I have been having second thoughts about it. I got it when it was first released over the internet, and this is my only copy, although I have no real way of proving it. I know the controversy of this game, and side with the people who say that it is illegal to download now. I wanted to throw it in as a bonus, and convinved myself that since this was the only copy I had, and I got it when it was legal, it would be OK. I'm prepared to take some heat over this, and maybe I should.

I had hoped that the picture I posted would have been of higher quality, it looks much bigger and clearer on my computer. If anyone wants me to send them a copy of the picture, I will. If it turns out that it is not high enough quality, I will rescan everything separately. Everything I have is in that picture aside from Secret Ops, again I posted it at the last minute.

OK, I think that covers about everything, if you guys have questions, comments and flames, I'd love to hear them. I just wanted to be honest and forthright about everything.

Until later, keep an eye out for those retros.

Also never happened to me. :)
The only contact I ever had with a 'seller' was the 2-3 mails,which follow to check where to transfer the money, 'thanks' and 'goodbye to nevermail again'.
Funny.

Back