Easter egg in Unknown Enemy (SPOILER warning!!!)

Wulf

Vice Admiral
SPOILER!!!!!!

I need someone fluent in German to help me on this one please. If you click on the right window pane in the lounge/observation area of the Dauntless, the screen will change to the Tiger's Claw's rec room! The thing is, if I talk to Shotglass, a voice on the loudspeaker will say things in German each time I click him. Can someone translate for me? Thanks!

You might also just have one of the UE team members tell you what it means. We also have an embedded spoiler tag, so people don't have to use spoiler space anymore.

Ok cool, guess there's more features I need to look into. I also figured I'd warn people in case they wanted to find the egg on their own. I know people like that, so I'm being considerate for them.

Well, you know, it's been three years since UE was released, so I think most people have found that egg already ;).

Anyway, Secret Ops for some reason contained three voiceover files for the German-language version of Prophecy, and that's what Shotglass says. I don't even remember any more, but IIRC, one of them was "all pilots to the flight deck, this is not a drill", another was "all pilots to the briefing room", and a third was "Lieutenant Casey...", uh, well that's all I remember from the third one.

Wulf said:
I need someone fluent in German to help me on this one please. If you click on the right window pane in the lounge/observation area of the Dauntless, the screen will change to the Tiger's Claw's rec room! The thing is, if I talk to Shotglass, a voice on the loudspeaker will say things in German each time I click him. Can someone translate for me? Thanks!

The three phrases are (literally translated. The original english sentences may be a bit different):

"Lt. Casey, please report to the ready room. Lt. Casey to the ready room."

"All pilots to the mission briefing."

"All pilots to their ships, this is not a drill. All pilots to their ships."

Back