EA Replay UK, Eh? (October 25, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!

Electronic Arts' United Kingdom press site has confirmed that EA Replay will be released in England! The game should be available in time for Christmas, with a planned December 8th release. Amazon UK currently lists the game as having an MSRP of £34.99 -- significantly higher than the $19.99 American release. The American version was also originally announced with a higher price point, so this may go down in the near future... but if it doesn't, shop accordingly -- PSP games are region-free.

Meanwhile, the exact release date for the American version is still up in the air. EA still lists an October 31st date at their press page, but all secondary sources now list November 14th. We'll let you know as soon as this is resolved.

--
Original update published on October 25, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for UK gamers! Finally, a reason to get a PSP with some classic games.

I do wish people would get it right.

England is only PART of the UK. That's like confusing California and the rest of the USA.

The United Kingdom is England, Scotland and (part of) Ireland.

Wales was annexed in the 12th century and has been part of England ever since.

Other appropriate names for the UK are Britain and Great Britain. If you just say England you'll piss off the Scots, &c.

As well as patriotic pedants such as myself.

Btw, Great Britain isn't an immodest name - it's called Great Britain to distinguish it from Britanny in France.

Hey ho.

I do wish Americans would get it right. Ever since I was accused of coming from "Britland" by a depressingly stereotypical American dip I've had a chip on my shoulder about it.

Maybe I should just compromise and call it "Amerifornia". Or "Calimerica".

Take your pick. ;)

I apologise. I'm actually from England, and had not noticed the last important detail of that opening thread - saying that EA Replay would be released in England only.

Though I didn't mean that at all about what you said in your post.

Don said:
I apologise. I'm actually from England, and had not noticed the last important detail of that opening thread - saying that EA Replay would be released in England only.

Though I didn't mean that at all about what you said in your post.

How in hell is saying something is being released in England the same as saying it is *not* being released in scotland or Ireland? It's not the same.

Yup, not only is it not even a relevant argument in this case, but it's an all around awful complaint in general.

It's some guy deciding to be offended because it's possible and not because it's justified. You stupid Americans don't respect our wonderful culture -- take it somewhere where the Americans aren't going out of their way to track down and post information on the game release unique to your country.

AD said:
How in hell is saying something is being released in England the same as saying it is *not* being released in scotland or Ireland? It's not the same.

You're right, and the anger at Americans is incredibly misplaced here. Half the CIC staff is from Europe, including one founding member who lives in the UK.

So there's one unregistered -- thus anonymous -- guy (no one can be really sure, whether he really is from UK or "England" or wherever...) acting like he wants to provoke. In that -- if in nothing else -- he obviously succeeded. Web is full of such bored (and boring) individuals only semi-occasionally showing up to be really funny with their provocations (done by intelligent ones, I guess). This time it wasn't the case, though.

I am Scottish and I think there was no point in what that guy said. I didn't take what LOAF said the wrong way. The guy is just trying to be jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

Yup, not only is it not even a relevant argument in this case, but it's an all around awful complaint in general.

Well, for once I agree with loaf. I think that guy had a major over reaction. (I'm in also in the UK, the comment didn't bother me in the slightest because it wasn't intended to bother anyone).

Back to the main issue of this thread: Does anyone know if Wing Commander PSP will have unlockable content? I heard that there will be for some of the games, I'm not sure which ones tho.

It would be cool to see something that we haven't seen before

Back