DVD Dos Drivers

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
I got a prob with my DVD....It doesnt support Dos.

Ive downloaded some Drivers I found in its official page (its a Toshiba) but they take no effect....

Is there a way to make it work in Pure DOS6 ?

I also got a plextor CD-R , but I think I cant make that work with DOS , no matter what I do

There are no DVD drivers for DOS... uses a generic CD-ROM driver and you can probably use the DVD as a CD drive.

All DVDs work as CD-roms too huh? I want to use my DVD as a CD-ROM driver for DOS...

Well, ok looks like I cant do anything thanx anyway

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There are no DVD drivers for DOS... uses a generic CD-ROM driver and you can probably use the DVD as a CD drive.

Far as I know, LOAF is right. Getting a DVD to run AS a DVD Drive under DOS is a non-starter. Same is true with using a CD burner AS a burner in DOS; ain't gonna happen.

But, it can be used as a CD reader in DOS, it's just a matter of finding the right CD driver for it. Most of the ones I have are fairly "generic"--can be used with a wide array of CD drives. The only deciding factor is mem requirements. If one doesn't work fer yer particular CD, you move on and try the next generic one. Good luck

Well for one you actually can burn CDs with a DOS program. All a matter of drivers/programs. I actually use a DOS based CD-RW eraser rather often if a RW is so messed up it crashes Windows...
Also I don't see why you couldn't read a DVD in DOS. Playing a DVD movie would of course need a DOS DVD player which I don't know if it exists.
But the suggestion is indeed correct - just try various CD drivers for dos - one should work with your DVD-drive as well.

Back