DS9 writers read 'Fleet Action'

Unforgiven

Spaceman
Or I think they did. I just saw the first part of the final Star Trek: Deep Space 9 episode, and it ends with the Starfleet/Klingon/Romulan fleet finding "super-ships" the Dominion have apparently secretly build around Cardassia-prime.
Sounds familiar? ;)

No, that doesn't sound vaugely familiar. :p

The Kilrathi made their "Super-ships" in the far flung depths of Hari space, far, far from the Confed/Kilrathi border.

Yeah, well I didn't say it was exactly the same.
The Cardassians don't have that big an empire, and besides, unless that's explained in part 2 (which I haven't seen, yet) we don't know where they were build.
It's just that, when I saw those big ships, combined with the fact the Dominion withdrew to inside Cardassian space a few episodes ago to build more ships, in the hope the Federation won't attack because they usually don't when their enemy withdraw, the first thing that crossed my mind was "hey, that's kindof like fleet action".
But that may just be my twisted mind. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Unforgiven
Why did Sisko and Odo look so surprised then?

I didn't see the final episode, so I cannot comment on what you saw, but I'm pretty sure Sisko and Odo are not kept informed of what every covert intelligence operation in the Federation finds.

Originally posted by Ghost
In one chapter a Defiant-class ship with academy boys found one Dominion dreadnought.
Oh yeah, I remember that now. That's the BBC's fault then, they keep interrupting the series for stuff like Snooker, Cricket, Football etc. etc. etc.
With all these gaps you tend to forget some things!

I don;t know what you are talking about in the final episode they said nothing about the presence of the enslavers because they had already been faught many times, IIRC they were shocked by the size of the fleet

Damn, I'd like to comment on this, but I haven't seen DS9's finale in over two years.

Oh, yeah, what the hell is snooker? :)

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Damn, I'd like to comment on this, but I haven't seen DS9's finale in over two years.

Oh, yeah, what the hell is snooker? :)

Some kinda card game, if I'm not mistaken, ain't it?..

Hi guys, I'm back. I don't know how long I can stay. I was thinking it would've been cool if the Breen guys had overheard that Founder say to Weyoun how that he was going to have jurisdiction of all of the Federation -- then the Breen would've found out that the Dominion had tricked them, so the Breen would leave and ally themselves with the Federation -- that would've been so ironic and so funny -- the Breen could've said something like "We're sending our fleets out first as a forward advance because we have modified our energy weapons to disable the incoming Federation, Klingon, Romulan ships." Then at the last second, the Breen ships turn around and have their guns pointed at the Dominion ships! :)

I don't know why, but the Dominion is one of the few 'evil' empires in a series/movie/game/novel I didn't like. I guess it's because I dislike shapechangers generally.

Hehe...
I thought the Dominion were okay as bad guys. I liked Weyoun more than the founders though.
Only it starts to get fishy at Weyoun 26534... (yes, I know that's an exageration)

Back