Dreadnougts

Except you cant be sure that the fighters arent using a toned-down version of the Dragon's MaM plant which results in their increased fuel efficiency. You sure cant afterburn through the better part of a mission because the ships have larger fuel tanks than the WC3-4 era ships, now can you? Especially considerig the increased missile armaments and the smaller overall sizes...

I believe it says somewhere that all WCP era fighters use fusion powerplants. Your turn
tongue.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knight said:
I believe it says somewhere that all WCP era fighters use fusion powerplants. Your turn
tongue.gif
smile.gif

That's been the case since WC1. M/AM powerplants, until the Excalibur in WC3, were strictly for capships.

That only 2 ships used M/AM powerplants (Excalibur and Lance [Dragon for the ignorant
tongue.gif
]) is due primarily the M/AM's prohibitive costs. The former was a "balls to the wall" space superiority fighter which was designed during a desperate war where finances weren't as big a concern, and the latter was a "black ops" program that didn't go into mass production.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited August 27, 2000).]

Actually, I believe both WC 1 and 2 have references to nuclear power plants, not fusion. But I'm probably wrong.
smile.gif

Nuclear can refer to both fusion and fission. Nuclear in this cas simply refers to reactions on extremely small scales. And the Excalibur doesn't use M/AM does it? The whole thing about the Dragon using it was that it never ran out of fuel and I know that the Excalibur did on my bombing run on Kilrah.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

Vondoom said:
Nuclear can refer to both fusion and fission. Nuclear in this cas simply refers to reactions on extremely small scales. And the Excalibur doesn't use M/AM does it? The whole thing about the Dragon using it was that it never ran out of fuel and I know that the Excalibur did on my bombing run on Kilrah.

What gives the Lance its near-infinite fuel (you can run out, but it'll recharge after a while) was that it also scooped hydrogen from space like a capship, thus replenished its tanks as it flew.

As for the Excalibur, when Blair's musing on the Lance in the WC4 novelization, he talks about it having a M/AM plant, like the Excalibur he flew during the war.

------------------
SubCrid Death

[This message has been edited by Death (edited August 27, 2000).]

Well, that and I believe that somewhere in the beginning of WCIII, when Blair is talking to Rachel, it's mentioned isn't it? That's one of the few conversations I remember, (cause I think it was hte last one I got to watch before the game went BOOM!
frown.gif
) Anyway, look at the front of the "Lance" (Dragon), it has all those damn scoops, almost twice as many as we see on most ships (if they have any visible at all).

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Knight said:
Well, that and I believe that somewhere in the beginning of WCIII, when Blair is talking to Rachel, it's mentioned isn't it? That's one of the few conversations I remember, (cause I think it was hte last one I got to watch before the game went BOOM!
frown.gif
) Anyway, look at the front of the "Lance" (Dragon), it has all those damn scoops, almost twice as many as we see on most ships (if they have any visible at all).

Nope, it's not mentioned in WC3, neither in the final product nor the script that came on the "Making of WC3" CD that came with certain items (Premire edition of WC3 [the one in the movie reel, along with a VHS tape], official WC3 strat guide, and I think something else, though not sure).

Rachel does discuss the Excalibur some with Blair, in the Rec Room before flying the 3rd Orsini mission, but doesn't go into any of the more technical details.

------------------
SubCrid Death

Back