Dragoncon!

TyeDyeBoy

Spaceman
Heya CZers!

Normally I only come around to knock a few of you down a few pegs on the ego ladder (and you know you deserve it sometimes), but for now I thought I'd share a brief synopsis of Dragoncon with you and let you all know just how much fun it was! This is, of course, not all of what went on. I'll let LOAF put up the whole updates and all with the grisly details, but it was really fun.

It was really, really fun!

We had a ton of fans walk by and recognize the CIC (and Napolen, LOAF got your message), and a lot more that recognized WC and were happy that we were there! The flyers got passed out, though we were kinda unhappy to have quite a few left over. We didn't do bad.

And Pedro, lots of interest in UE. No pressure, man. :p

We got to see some very cool stuff, including a guy in a wonderful Optimus Prime suit. We had copies of Claw Marks signed by Aaron Allston (and a quick thanks again to LOAF for providing the CM's, very kind of you, really man), and some other exciting stuff!

As for my own experiences, it turns out that I look a lot like Spider of WCP (you'll find out why soon ;) ). I got a new sword, the one I will wield when I take over the world and become your evil overlord. You can't possibly imagine how cool the entire experience was.

So, to help you understand, here are a few pictures!

http://tyedyeboy.net/pics/dc

The toy in question is my sword, the claw marks is self explanatory. You also have some shots of a handful of costumes (Joe and Paula of the Origin Museum have a LOT more of those, hopefully they'll get them online soon, and Wildfire, LOAF, and Hades took some as well), and a quick teaser image of the CIC's display in the exhibit!

Just a note, the Lazywildfire one I had to get a shot of. That's Wildfire, of #wingnut, using a remote control to fast forward the display that was in his hand. He sets a new standard for laziness, and I applaud him for it.

Oh, and the last temptation of Tye was the sword booth we had a really good view of from our booth, and it took a bit of willpower to keep myself from going over and playing with them.

Anyway, that's just the beginning! Theres a lot more story that LOAF and the others will be telling once they get home, so stay tuned to the CIC for some great updates!

...got a new sword, the one I will wield when I take over the world and become your evil overlord.

And you say you come on to pop our egotistical bubbles. Oh, how the tables have turned. :)

Oh man, those helmets are SO cool! I'd do anything to have one of those!

And that sword of yours is really bitchin' too Tye, good eye.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Yup, very cool helmets... :)

And nice sword too, Tye :cool:... but why do you call it a toy? Seems pretty real from the pics...

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
And when the revolution comes, you will not be spared. :p

LoL. Revolution? How about I go pound your palace into dust with my E-Frame batallion, little man? :p

I prefer battlemechs. By the way Tye, I'll fight you. You with your sword, and me wuth my conan the destroyer sword!

Heh. Most "Conan" replicas are totally non-functional. I could waste you AND your sword with my katana. :p

No, this sword is real, and will chop you into tiny little pieces. (and your little katana too!!!!! mbwuhahahaha!)

besides, I would just step on you with my battlemech.

Don't be so sure. Someone with a katana would be able to get around your huge blade and slash open your intestinal wall before you could blink. However... are you SURE it's functional? what grade steel? 440? Carbon?

Bah I'll just break out my flamberge (two handed sword... a long, wavy blade I've cleaved many a melon with) :D

Well ... well.. I could take you both on with my ,, umm.. fine point permanent marker! I'm warning you it's toxic :) .

Originally posted by Shooter
Oh Joy! Tye got a new sword ! Score one point to the Dark Side.

Damn right!

The sword is meant to be decorative, but it will, and does, hold an edge. The hilt is one solid piece, die cast, the colorful bit is molded plastic. If I were going to have to use it... hmmm... I dunno. It's more of a symbol of power, and besides, I've been doing some Japanese sword work with my Katana, I don't feel like getting into a new style.

Oh, and it's called a toy because ultimately, everything is a toy. My car is a toy, my computer is a toy, my house is a toy, etc. Hehe, the TyeDye Non-Malibu Playset.

Originally posted by Dekkar
Well ... well.. I could take you both on with my ,, umm.. fine point permanent marker! I'm warning you it's toxic :) .
Ah man, you don't stand a chance! I've got a laser... pointer.

Cool DragonCon story #2!

I can tell this story without waiting for LOAF because he wasn't there for it. =)

Hades and I hung out Monday, after LOAF et al had left, but Hades was flying out from Atlanta today (Tuesday). So we wandered about. We went into the exhibitors hall, the hall for the big shots that wanted to show stuff off (the CIC and OM had been in the dealer hall, the cheapo area). Most of the hall we'd seen the day before, but the crowds were much much less today, so we thought maybe we'd get to see more of it. Unfortunately, we found out that we'd covered it pretty well the first time after all, and we turned to leave.

As we were on our way out, we were accosted by a young woman. She was dressed normally, but was wearing a silver eye mask.

"HEY!" She said, very loudly, "have you two heard of the game they banned from Gencon!" She was on the verge of shouting.

"Uhm.. no."

"NO? It was the game they banned from Gencon! You know what the name of it was?!"

"Noooo...."

"Oh. Well it was the game they banned from Gencon. The booth is right over there," she said, pointing way the fuck across the room. "You guys follow me and I'll take you there and tell you all about it!"

"Uhm..."

"So do you know the name of it?"

"NO."

"It was the game they banned at Gencon! It's a role playing game. I am (gives some odd, unintelligible name, as Hades and I waited for her to look away so we could run in abject terror). My enemies are (another handful of odd names and places, while Hades began to wimper). And game censorship is BAD!"

"Uh, yeah."

"YEAH, you two are COOL, I should take your picture!"

At that moment Hades and I both tensed. I reached for my sword, which wasn't present, and began to whimper, too. Hades kinda hugged himself and dreamt of his happy place.

"Oh, too bad, my batteries are dead. But you'll come by the booth later!"

"Yeah, sure." We bolted.

Dragoncon. There's a REASON they sell large cutlery.

Back