DragonCon Continues (September 4, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Woohoo! Lots of stuff happening here, but no big news to report. LOAF told the president of Baen that they need to reprint more Wing Commander books. Here's a handful of pictures of our adventures over the last day.

--
Original update published on September 4, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats fine with me. I also noticed Settlers. Thats also a fun game, especially when you get the expansion and have 8 people playing.

I knew the giant space fleets seemed out of place for a space merchant game... anyhow.. looks fantastic beyond words!

I only recognized Frakes after seeing the sign behind you guys and the autograph on the shirt. He's looking pretty old.

Of course you realise you're comparing his look to his appearance in a TV show from 20 years ago ? I think I've changed much more than him over those years ! :D

I didn't notice that was Johnathan Frakes either! O_O

It's the grey in his massive man-beard that threw me off :p

Actually, he didn't look that old in the Enterprise finale, which was only five years ago, but a generous application of Grecian formula can work wonders! :) I'm not talking smack about the guy, it was just sort of a surprise when I finally recognized who it was.

Actually, he didn't look that old in the Enterprise finale, which was only five years ago, but a generous application of Grecian formula can work wonders! :) I'm not talking smack about the guy, it was just sort of a surprise when I finally recognized who it was.

Yeah but Riker and Troi in that episode where supposed to be from an episode of TNG that was made in 1994

Somewhat strangely, my brain misfired going through those pictures and I was wondering why Chris and Frosty were standing with my dad. Every year that goes by, Frakes looks more and more like my dad. (Perhaps my father is Tom Riker?)

Yeah, I've heard from everybody that they don't recognize Riker in that picture. I actually thought he was looking pretty good. The shirt obscures it, but he's lost the extra weight that was visible in the Enterprise finale and otherwise just turned a bit gray.

Its the hair color. Even when Frakes shaved his beard off in Insurrection, he looked like himself. The grey hair suits him fine - but it doesn't make him more recognizable.

Back