Dragon? Wha...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LividLiquid

Rear Admiral
I've noticed that damn near everybody on these boards, and on the internet in general favors the dragon over any other WC fighter in history. Personally, my favorite ship was the Pirahna, because it was so fast, but that's just my opinion.

I was wondering why you all liked it so much. It seems like an easy enough choice, I mean it's got unlimited afterburn, fission guns, cloak, and it outperforms every other ship in every category.

I think that's why I didn't like it. Something about it seemed fake.

SO anyways, is there any actual reason that you guys favor it, or just the aforementioned qualities?

Well, it´s true what you said, i also think that the best ship is the dragon, the vamp. is good because is the best ship of WCP/SO and is some years after WCIV but i like more the dragon

What is your favorite fighter of all time?
Dragon 806 32.56 %
Excalibur 723 29.21 %
Vampire 710 28.69 %
Morningstar 149 6.02 %
Rapier 87 3.52 %
TOTAL 2475

The Dragon isn't *that* popular.. We actually should have broken up Prophecy and Secret Ops.. I bet the Black Wasp, if included in that poll, would have done very well.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
What is your favorite fighter of all time?
Dragon 806 32.56 %
Excalibur 723 29.21 %
Vampire 710 28.69 %
Morningstar 149 6.02 %
Rapier 87 3.52 %
TOTAL 2475

The Dragon isn't *that* popular.. We actually should have broken up Prophecy and Secret Ops.. I bet the Black Wasp, if included in that poll, would have done very well.

yes you are right, good weapons, alot of swarms an other missiles, and very good maneuverality

I think my main point is that people look for bells and whistles in ships. Like the fission gun. I get the feeling that nobody really looks at maneuverabillity anymore.

What kind of idiot wouldn't look at maneuverability? Guns are useless if you can't move quick enough to get a fighter in your sights... That's why I'm willing to bet if we took that poll and included every WC fighter of all time, the bombers would be ranked the lowest collectively, and the more maneuverable ships such as the Vamp, Excal, Panther, etc. would be at the top. The reason the Dragon was so popular was because it had something for everyone; torps, heavy missile complement(for the era), powerful guns, more than respectable maneuverability, speed, heavy shields and armor, plus the cool Bussard intake-fueled infinite cloak and afterburn. The Dragon was everyone's fighter because it was really impossible to find more things to dislike about it than it was to find things to like about it. THis is why it was so popular. Personally, I've always loved light fighters because I suffer from a need for speed, and I've always preferred to outfly someone rather than outgun them, because it proves you have more talent, not just a superior ship.

There's too much to like about the Dragon. That's my problem with it. It's like hating pop culture just for the sake of hating pop culture. Yes, it's retarded, and it contradicts itself in terms alone, but it's something we all do from time to time, and that's how I am with the dragon. It was definitely the best ship to fly in WC4, but I didn't even like that flight engine anyway.

The Dragon was everyone's fighter because it was really impossible to find more things to dislike about it than it was to find things to like about it. THis is why it was so popular.
But it's not all that popular, and there's plenty of things to dislike about it. It's damned slow, turns like a pig, and is a pathetically inadequate bomber because it hasn't got enough torpedoes. The Dragon needs gimmicks like the fission cannon, cloak, and M/AM drive because it'd be useless otherwise.

I like the Dragon, but in some situations I would rather have a Excalibur, a Dragon can do any job very well but a Excalibur is a better dogfighter, but it lacks on some fields.

Dragon slow what, the dragon was the fastest ship in WCIV that you could fly, Quatro I don't know what your smoking but it was fast as hell and it had pretty decent manuverability for the era

Its maneuverability wasn't bad.. but it wasn't all that good either. And the Bearcat was a fair bit faster than the Dragon in WC4.

Well, maybe it's a bit faster than I thought... for some reason, I remembered it as having 400kps max, while it actually has 500kps. Nonetheless, as Chris pointed out, it's hardly the fastest ship around. And its manoeuvrability is about the same as a Scimitar's.

lol really, and y'all know that the Epee is the best ship ever, well maybe the WCIV avenger is, or perhaps the Devestator, No wait the best fighter ever is the WCIV Pirate Razor!!!!

I was serious. I like the hornet. A lot. It wasn't useful against anything higher than a Dralthi, but those two lasers seemed to rip through ships.

Nah, it wasn't good in my opinion, but I guess I am more for the heavy hitter than the fast and manuverable except the Wasp which is all of the above. My fav WC3 ship other than Excal was thunderbolt so I gues I am just the kind of guy who likes heavy fighters

The Dragon is good, but something is fake about it. The craft is too damn good. With 2 of these baby's you can take on a squadron, and get away from it alive.

The pirahna is one of my favourites, because it has such a maneuverability. If that rates high, you can take on anything. A H-Fighter or Bomber doesn't has a chance against 1 or 2 pirahna's.

Actually that is wrong because for instance a Vampire can out manuver a piranah. But also a dragon was supposed to be good that is why only 40 of them were ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back