Dozens of attackers at once?!

dave_lf

Spaceman
I'm hoping this is a bug, because if it's not it means I just suck. It seems that if I have a mission that spawns enemy flightgroups and I die and respawn, the attacking flightgroup gets more ships added to it. If I die again, the process repeats. All I know is that I keep getting stranded on bases where I'm attacked by 20+ ships the second I launch, and every time I die, the group gets larger. I end up with no choice but to go back to a previous saved game to continue playing (I can't defeat or outrun that many). This is happening so often that I'm about ready to give up on the remake.

Also, I get attacked all the time by a Kilrathi "Shadow Patrol" consisting of 4 Dralthi and a Gothri. Are they after the artifact? My ship isn't upgraded enough to deal with them. I'm afraid I may have to start over. :(

you can abort the mission in the mission computer...
the patch should fix this problem up...we are nearly done with it

Thanks. Unfortunately, aborting the mission doesn't get rid of the ships that are already out there, and it's not a (good) option with storyline missions anyway. :) But I can wait for the patch.

You have to just up and respawn and respawn until you've killed them all. If you have the money, you can buy wingman each time too.

One thing I did when I picked up a mission with 17 enemies was pick up another with 17 enemies who were not friends with the first group and then I flew from one to the other, which promptly meant that they killed each other for me.

Back