Double Helix Civilisation

i think you mean the firekanns (spelling), they have two planets in enigma sector or the one to its right on its map, hope thats some help

Well... I'm pretty sure that when he says Double Helix, that's exactly what he means :p.

We don't really know where the Double Helix are. It could be that they are not on the map at all, but one also cannot discount the possibility that they have joined the Confederation - in which case, they could be almost anywhere in the Confed part of the universe.

Originally posted by Ghost
That is like the Q joining the UFP

Not really... although over-hyped by fanfic fanboys the various rarely-mentioned races of the WC universe aren't particularly impressive as far as we know.

Wasn't the Double-Helix race from further in the galactic core?

I thought that the Double-Helix leaved the galaxy. (i can´t remember if this is from a fan-fic or real info)

IIRC, the ISIS manual in WCP mentions the Double Helix in passing, and does so in a fashion that makes it sound as if they're still around.
Other than that, I think the only real information about them is when they were discovered (just before WC1), and the initial difficulties in communicating with them (mentioned in SO).

Y'all are confusing the Double Helix with the *Steltek* (the super-race that abandoned technology from Privateer).

The Double Helix are the newly discovered alien race mentioned in the original Claw Marks. They're also mentioned in passing in Prophecy's ICIS manual, and it's revealed in Secret Ops that Confed can communicate with them. Absolutely nothing else is known about 'em.

I kind of got the feeling that the Double Helix race was sort of like the Mantu, from the novels. They are around but there's been no real contact with them aside from occasional sightings.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Y'all are confusing the Double Helix with the *Steltek* (the super-race that abandoned technology from Privateer).

The Double Helix are the newly discovered alien race mentioned in the original Claw Marks. They're also mentioned in passing in Prophecy's ICIS manual, and it's revealed in Secret Ops that Confed can communicate with them. Absolutely nothing else is known about 'em.

What's neat about them is how they communicate... With pheremones.

You and your girlfriend/boyfriend/lover also communicate with pheromones in an unconscious way

Originally posted by Shaggy
I kind of got the feeling that the Double Helix race was sort of like the Mantu, from the novels. They are around but there's been no real contact with them aside from occasional sightings.

The Mantu have had a whole lot of contact - just not with Confed. The Kilrathi spent time trying to blow the Mantu up before the kittens decided to go find something more productive to do. Unfortunately, the kitties have apparently spent the time since then villifying their former enemies, and Confed has better things to do than go attempt to track down a possibly reclusive race on the far side of a not exactly friendly shattered empire.
The Double Helix, in contrast, are a race that was first contacted by Confed right around the start of the first game. They got their name from the shape of their ships (which apparently resemble a DNA helix). Communication with them was impossible until some brilliant Confed researcher got a bright idea... and promptly managed to get his brain fried in the backlash.
Fortunately, Confed ironed the bugs out, and presumably has some sort of regular dialogue with them.
However, the Double Helix seem to play the role of true aliens within the WC universe (as opposed to the Kilrathi and Firekkans, who are primarily funny looking humans with variations on human cultures), which means that if they ever do take part in one of the games, it may be in a manner very similar to that of the aliens in the original Independence War (leaving you wondering - what was THAT all about?).

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
What's neat about them is how they communicate... With pheremones.
I thought it was with mind-zorching harmonics. I'd be interested to see their ships. IIRC, they're called the Double Helix because of their ships.

I remember first contact with them resulted in the death of the human crew. :)

hehehehe....I like how contact with the Double Helix was the most important contact since the Kilrathi....and then we hear almost nothing else about them after that.....

Hey, do you have a idea how the double helix look likes?
And my next question about the varni republic: where are there starsystems ( or where was they ).
My last question: where are the landreichsystems on the WCP Map?

Back