DosBox Help Needed: Crusader No Remorse and No Regret

U

Unregistered

I have the CD for both games, and I have tried using DosBox with Dfend to get them to run. When I fire up No Remorse, which has the full install on my computer, it shows what looks like the game's Dos menu, which gives me this nice message: "Unable to open file (null), in file FILE/FASTFLEX.C, line 38"
When I try to run No Regret, it cannot read my CD Drive, even though I mounted a D:\ drive to that game. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like a bunch of things are mounted wrong. What did you do exactly to mount everything in these cases? Make sure you add -t cdrom when mounting CD drives.

The game is mounted to C drive, and I tried mounting a CD drive, but it hasn't worked. I'm terrible with DosBox, and i've had to teach myself a fair amount. I'd like to know what this -t cd rom procedure is, though.

CD drives behave differently from hard drives. An extra switch (-t) is needed to tell Dosbox what kind of device it is. Assuming the D drive is your CD-Rom:

mount d d:\ -t cdrom

Well I used D-fend as it makes dosbox usage easier. I remember having problems with crusader too. I just copied the cd to a folder and mounted the cd to it, and it works.

Hope it helps.

Excuse this total newbie question, but where do I put in the -t? When I bring up options for the mounting on the D:\ Drive, it has 'Mount Type" which I set to CD ROM, 'Select Drive/CD ROM/Image or Floppy to mount' that lets me select a drive from my computer, but I cannot manually change the path, 'Drive label' which I have set to D:\, and 'Mounted Drive Letter' which is set to 'D'. I tried adding the -t to the drive lable, but I surmise that that is not where it goes.

I'd recommend not using DFend. You just enter the entire line as Kris typed it into the DOSBox prompt. When you just use the regular program without any third party interface, you can tell us exactly what steps you're taking, and we can give you the exact commands to enter.

Ok, it says D drive mounted as Cd rom and shows the -t label added, but I still get the same problem, and i'd get even more lost using Dosbox without Dfend. If anyone has No Remorse and/or No Regret, please post your mount settings.

Someone else's mounting settings would apply to their system configuration. Only you are looking at the drives on your system. If your hard drive is C and your CD-ROM is D, the two lines below should be all you need. Then you should install off the disc and run the game normally.

mount c c:\
mount d d:\ -t cdrom

Ok, now it installs correctly, and I can get it to run. The opening videos are a little shakey, so i skipped them. The menu works fine, but when i start, the game goes at a crawl, but the controls seem to respond. Increasing the framerate doesn't do anything. Then, after I exit Dosbox and try to play again, I get Crusader's red error screen telling me 'Halted FILE/FILE.C, line 61. Unable to create file. Error #2'. I am running the latest version of Dosbox without Dfend. Anyone else with a similar problem?

Unregistered said:
Ok, now it installs correctly, and I can get it to run. The opening videos are a little shakey, so i skipped them. The menu works fine, but when i start, the game goes at a crawl, but the controls seem to respond. Increasing the framerate doesn't do anything. Then, after I exit Dosbox and try to play again, I get Crusader's red error screen telling me 'Halted FILE/FILE.C, line 61. Unable to create file. Error #2'. I am running the latest version of Dosbox without Dfend. Anyone else with a similar problem?

I wouldn't even think about errors you when you're closing things down. What do you mean by "increase the framerate?" You need to adjust the frameskip and cycles to speed up the game. What settings are you using?

I think you should mount your cdrom again, because it need cd-rom to run the game

Crusader save error

I get error File\file c. line 61 when I try to save in crusader no remorse?? any ideas on how to fix it? I think its to do with Config sys file command for save and a missing save folder!!

I doubt it has anything to do with config.sys, but I would be there's some kind of discrepancy between what you have set up in the game's setup menus for a savegame directory and what you have mounted and available as hard drive folders in DOSBox.

I get error File\file c. line 61 when I try to save in crusader no remorse?? any ideas on how to fix it? I think its to do with Config sys file command for save and a missing save folder!!

Are you missing SAVEGAME -directory?

You should have a SAVEGAME directory with write permissions under your game directory, like:
C:\games\noregret\savegame

Crusader No Regret and No Remorse to run on Windows XP.

Run DOSBox 0.73 program.
Put CD in CD-ROM.
mount D: D:\ -t cdrom if you use first CD drive.
mount E: E:\ -t cdrom if you use second CD drive.

Crusader No Regret and No Remorse will not respond to C: hard drive

because it is large hard drive and it is NTFS.

I put my Pen USB drive 1 GB. It is FAT.

It is easy trick. Crusader No Regret and No Remorse did respond

to Pen USB drive 1 GB and FAT. Go to my computer to check letter drive of Pen USB drive.

mount F: F:\

Go back to D: or E:

Then you type install.

D:\install
E:\install

Make sure you change destination path in Crusader No Regret and No Remorse setup.
Change it. F:\CRUSADER and the installation will process successful. No error.
When the installation completes and then you go to D: or E:

Type dir and check to see .exe program.

You go ahead and type Crusader or Regret. Game worked!

Have fun and play the game.

I am genius to solve this diffucult problem.

Crusader No Regret and No Remorse to run on Windows XP.

Make sure you change destination path in Crusader No Regret setup.
Change it. F:\REGRET and the installation will process successful.

Crusader No Remorse and Crusader No Regret to run on Windows XP.

mount D D:\ -t cdrom
mount E E:\ -t cdrom

If you type Crusader or Regret during D:\ > or E:\> and it will not respond. Error message.

When you use Pen USB Drive. Check the letter of Pen USB Drive in "My Computer"

and you will notice that.

mount F: F:\Crusader

mount F: F:\Regret

-------------------------------

Type F:

Go to F:\ >

Type dir to check. Type Crusader or Regret.

The game worked only if it is located during F:\> where you type Crusader or Regret.

It will require the game to play both CD disc and Pen USB Drive when it is connected.

Back