Does the Gemini System exist?

warzog

Spaceman
In the map section @ WC News, it shows a Gemini System connecting between Troy and Junction, and eventually, to the Sol Sector.
Most maps of the Gemini Sector don't show it.
They usually also don't show Beta, Delta, Delta Prime, Eden, or Gamma.
As I'm working on the "Reckoning" mod for Freelancer, I'd like to be as accurate as I can be.
Any help would be appreciated.
warzog

The Gemini System exists in the Wing Commander continuity, but it does not appear in the Privateer game.

Several systems in Gemini do actually exist in reality, namely Pollux, Regallis, Aldebaran, Pyrenees, Rikel, and Hyadees.

Well, I would assume that the sector got named Gemini because it contains stars that are in the constellation Gemini as viewed from Sol.

I think I flew all the way to delta prime or as far as the jump points would go but then couldn't get back because I ran out of fuel. I always thought fuel was for afterburners and not for jumps :(. I guess there is no point in going way up into nowhere.

Uh, there should be a Steltek derelict there for you to land on and magically refuel your ship. AFAIK, Delta Prime should only be accessible through flying plot missions anyway...

nope, I wasn't on a mission. I was curious though because the map color for one of the jump points was grey instead of blue or red so I went to it and then the next and the next and the next, but the further I went I couldn't see any more jump points on the map.

Sorry, I meant initially accessible. AFAIK, there shouldn't be anything interesting in Delta Prime after you visit the first time, anyway. Especially not after the Steltek tow the derelict away. (I think I even went to check that they had actually moved it the first time I played Privateer...)

Back