Does Star Citizen deserve its own board on SolSector.net Forums

Does Star Citizen deserve its own board on SolSector.net Forums

• Total voters
I don't think there's any problem having a Sol Sector board, but I would prefer not to see it become the focus of WCNews; we didn't cover Freelancer or Outlander or anything like that beyond the occasional update and so unless and until Star Citizen becomes a Wing Commander game (... there's always hope...) we should let it stay in the background.

Plenty of good news for Wing Commander fans coming up, though, especially now that EA sees the value of the franchise. And we'll finally get those GOG addons in a week or so... ;)

I would rather see Star Citizen topics get their own forum than see them take focus away from Wing Commander on the Wing Commander forums (fora?).

One reason - because I would like to have a place where I can discuss SC topics with long-term, hardcore WC fans and only them. SC forum will not allow that. And I also would like to avoid spamming the General WC Chat.
That's all.

Exactly. Not everyone on the SC forums I would consider intelligent conversation but I prefer being able to talk about SC among my rooted peers first, rather than leaning on RSI. Here at least I know it's the Wingnuts first and Citizens second. Also prefer not choking up the general and off-topic boards as SC will predominate many of the discussions.

For all intents and purposes, I believe this is the spiritual successor to WC...at least from Chris Roberts' POV. Sans licensing it acts, behaves, looks, and sounds like Wing Commander albeit with many more bells, whistles, and bangs.

Let's be honest if EA gave CR the license for another WC, this would be it. It seems CR's trying to keep similarities between the games if nothing else but for familiarity, without inviting the wrath of a sue-happy corporation. Licensing be damned, we all know WC, like SC, is his game, especially in concept. You only need pull up #wingnut's quoted topic to see that he's nowhere near against the idea. Perhaps with SC's popularity taking off it may force EA to re-evaluate Wing Commander as an IP. I mean come on they have licensing rights to the best damn sci-fi game series to grace a silicon chip, why wouldn't they WANT to compete.

Also the simple fact that here at least when I talk about Heatseeker/IM-Rec/IFF arguments, I know I've got truly experienced space sim folks at my back. If I hear open comments about WC software piracy on RSI again I'm going to start losing faith in the moderators.

Ex - 5th post down by iamthewaxman - http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forum/showthread.php?12850-WC-Games-on-GOG-com/page2

Back