Do you think it was correct that Confed destroyed Kilrah?

Do you think it was *right* that Confed destroyed Kilrah?

• Yes

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
Either bomb it or have the cats on Earth. Listen Earth has been the whipping boy for nearly every scifi. Im glad the cats are homeless.

;) of course im just a bitter pilot.

That is exactly what I hate e.g.: in the Star Trek universe. Humans in shiny uniforms, ships suited for every occurrence and the 1st directive, completly unrealistic in my opinion. Picard never would have destroyed Kilrah.

Compared to Star Trek, WC is realistic. A united Earth is nice (Both have it) but at least in WC the Border Worlders (go BW!) fought the TC in a brief little fight.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Ah, Chip and his profound (-ly nonsensical!) posts again. :)

He does have a point...At Kilrah billions of innocents died, but if it were not destroyed trillions of humans would die, and humanity would probably be scattered like the wind, doomed to obscurity...and what is more immoral than letting your own people, who toiled and sweated and bled for you, perish?

The final battle of Terra was probably something like the first one, only resembling more the Battle of the Line...

One of the things i think is great about Star Trek is that it does have "humans in shiny uniforms" and awesome starships. Humanity on its last leg or being far behind everyone else holds little interest for me. WC tends to have both but what got me into it in the first place was the great gameplay so its an exception.

Do I think Confed should have destroyed Kilrah? At the time it was the only decision they could have made to save humanity, so yeah I think under the circumstances it was the right one.

The final battle of Terra was probably something like the first one, only resembling more the Battle of the Line...

Stupid B5 crap is stupid and crappy. The Battle of the Line doesn't make a lick of sense.

(Of course, we *see* the final battle at Earth in the losing end of WC3...)

Compared to Star Trek, WC is realistic. A united Earth is nice (Both have it) but at least in WC the Border Worlders (go BW!) fought the TC in a brief little fight.

Ehh, every third episode of Trek seems to involve some Earth colony that's not part of the Federation.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
He does have a point...
Well, if explained the way you did.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Wait a minute... first? Last? This implies more than one, and AFAIK, the only Battle of Terra was the one in Fleet Action(?) - barring the losing end of WC3, of course.

I would really want to see non-US made scifi serie someday. ST,B5,WC, they are all based on United states culture and beliefs and are primarly targeted to english speaking watchers. If for example: Frances TV producs space opera serie it would be based on whole diffrent culture and ideas. And of course French people would save Earth and so on...

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
I would really want to see non-US made scifi serie someday. ST,B5,WC, they are all based on United states culture and beliefs and are primarly targeted to english speaking watchers. If for example: Frances TV producs space opera serie it would be based on whole diffrent culture and ideas. And of course French people would save Earth and so on...

I'm rather sure that does happen... There aren't many foreign language programs in Canada, but there are shows like LEXX (German and, to a degree, Canadian), Dr. Who (British}, Red Dwarf (Hurrah!), and more... So I figure if we get a few foreign sci-fi serieseseses, there are probably more out there.

TC

Lets just hope we get those to here too. If i recall correctly dr Who was only of those who was seen here. US series and movies are just more cheaper and TV programs are sold in packages rather than independent movies. So if you by one good movie you got to by five poor movies too.

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
US series and movies are just more cheaper and TV programs are sold in packages rather than independent movies. So if you by one good movie you got to by five poor movies too.
What the hell are you talking about?

If you played the wc III right you blew it three sides from sunday
only the just survived and the evil died but don't trust the kilrithi they will come and bite back when your gaurd is down

*laughs* I'm amazed at how well you can simplify that Darkwarrior. We've had debates around here for months, if not years, on Kilrathi morals/human morals. I don't know if it's that black-and-white.

Originally posted by Skyfire
*laughs* I'm amazed at how well you can simplify that Darkwarrior. We've had debates around here for months, if not years, on Kilrathi morals/human morals. I don't know if it's that black-and-white.

Well, for some Terrans and some Kilrathi, it is black and white. As for me I'm not prepared to lower my guard until the Kilrathi demonstrate an ability to live peacefully with other races for a sustained period of no less than a single generation.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Ehh, every third episode of Trek seems to involve some Earth colony that's not part of the Federation.

An Earth colony that's not part of the Federation? Isn't that an oxymoron? Or is that like when states join(ed) the union?

No, there is the colony from which Yar was raised, the one made by clones, the one populated by purists,etc

Back