Do they have no F-ing shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kinda depends if they protest against that wounded veterans or for them (which doesn't seem to be very clear from the article). In the latter case the location is justifyable.

Code pink? I'm not surprised that they and their comrades are doing this sort of thing. It's their right to do so, but I do think it's in bad taste to target wounded men and women and their families.

But as to their ideals? Here's all I need to know:

"Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin has expressed support for the Communist Viet Cong in Vietnam and the Nicaraguan Sandinistas ... "There's no one who will talk about how the other side is good," she reportedly told the San Francisco Chronicle ... her visit to Cuba in the 1980s revealed to her a great country. "It seem[ed] like I died and went to heaven," she reportedly said."

The day I side with a communist sympathizer is the day I expect to get ran over by a streetcar and struck by lightning at the same time.

"There's no one who will talk about how the other side is good," she reportedly told the San Francisco Chronicle
THis wouldn't happen to be because they ARE the other side? Funny thing about war, how the other side aren't good.
Code Pink Women for Peace, one of the groups backing anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan's vigil outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas, organizes the protests at Walter Reed as well.
If they're truely serious about ending the war, why don't they park thier asses infront of a radical clerics mosque? Oh wait, that would be insulting to their religion, lets not offend the enemy guys, they might get upset and cry.
(Note: I said RADICAL mosque, not a decent law abiding true moslem mosque)

I don't get it. Why is protesting outside a hospital any different than protesting anywhere else in the world?

Its slightly distasteful, the servicemen are there to be treated and could be in a pretty vulnerable emotional state and so they shouldn't be bombarded with anybodies political agenda, that being said the protesters are NOT protesting against the soldiers themselves, just the regime that in their opinion went to war with Iraq on questionable grounds.

soldiers and their families tend to be a little touchy about this stuff. what that lady is doing is in my opinion vile, and a dishonor to the memory of her son. and also, it doesn't exactly do great things for the morale of a soldier who has been wounded doing his job. it shows a lack of respect for the soldiers to be doing what these people are doing. cindy sheehan is a disgrace to her sons memory, and frankly....gah, i dunno, something bad should happen to that woman. there's just no excuse. my mother wouldn't even dream of pulling crap like this if something were to happen to my father, or if something were to happen to me when i ship off after the first of the year. its a disgrace. pure and simple.

Eder said:
I don't get it. Why is protesting outside a hospital any different than protesting anywhere else in the world?

Because a military hospital is a place for wounded soldiers to heal, both physically and psychologically. Those bastards have every right to protest, but out of common (or uncommon) decency they should do it in front of the White House or any number of appropriate political locations.

Herb Peterson, Joseph Stalin and the Captain of the Titanic walk into a bar.
So the bartender asks them how they feel about uneasy tensions in the mid-east.
And Herb Peterson says he thinks the government's policy of detante isn't working, and that UN envoys should be dispatched with more regularity.
But Stalin says he thinks he'd rather take a wait and see approach to the situation, because while the media implies that there's an urgency to it, there really isn't.
And the Captain of the Titanic decides to broach a new topic, what everyones favorite movie is. He says his favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back.
But Herb Peterson says he never liked Empire because he thought it strayed too far from the original purpose of the first Star Wars.
His favorite movie, however, is From Here to Eternity.
Stalin's favorite movie, though, is 2001, although he says he does'nt like sitting through the monkey part at the beginning.
So the bartender says "But we're all evolved from monkeys, right?"
And so Herb Peterson explains that that isn't necessarily true, just that humans and monkeys share a common anscestor.
The Captain of the Titanic chimes in and says that he doesn't have anything against evolution, but he'd rather not see it taught to his children.
So Stalin says "Well, with the state of schools today, they probably won't teach anything to your children!"
And Herb Peterson nods sadly and agrees with him, saying that that's why he and his wife decided not to adopt a son.
So Stalin says that he was only kidding, and that Herb shouldn't let the state of the school systems get in the way of the joy of raising a child.
So the bartender interrupts them again and asks them for their drinks
And the Captain of the Titanic says he'll have whatever is on tap, which is a locally produced lager.
Stalin orders a shot of vodka, and Herb Peterson orders a Pepsi Cola because he is the designated driver.
It's good of you to do that, says the bartender, we don't get that enough in here.
Well, it's just part of my civic duty, replies Herb Peterson, who still is clearly uncomfortable. Stalin changes the subject: what are they all going to do over spring break?
Well, my wife and I are going on a cruise to the equator, says the Captain of the Titanic.
And then the bartender says "equator?! I JUST MET HER!"

In summation, I don't like where this thread is surely headed, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back