DLL missing?

In the interests of playing Standoff period I've installed Ep. 3 over my Ep. 4 installation. I'll just wait to see if a fix comes along that I can actually get to work because nothing has thus far.

None of the above fixes have helped me any, for some reason I can't get the regsvr to do it, I keep getting a 0x8002801c error. The VB package doesn't seem to help either. I'm on Vista, so if anyone has any ideas go ahead and shoot, otherwise can the Standoff team please post up when the new installer is up and ready to be downloaded? Pretty Please?

I have no experience with Vista but there should be a c:\windows\system folder, put the mssdtfmt.dll file there, then go to start, run, type in regsvr32 mssdtfmt.dll, press run and it should say something like 'DllRegisterServer in msstdfmt.dll succeeded.'

If the "regsvr32 mssdtfmt.dll" doesn't work for you I have something for you to try that worked for me.

First "regsvr32 /u mssdtfmt.dll" to unregister the file. Then "regsvr32 mssdtfmt.dll" to re-register it.

Thank you to the Standoff team for all their work. I only started playing after Episode 3 was released, but I have been a Wing Commander fan since the original's release. It's great to have a fresh story and missions.

I tried what you said Night Star, and while the unregistering works, when I attempt to register it I get an error code 0x8002801c.

I tried to look online for a way to fix that, but the only thing I could find was a process monitor thing so that you could go in and change the permissions on effected files/whatnot, but that doesn't help as it involves digging through 30000+ processes (and if you don't really know what you're doing you don't know what to look for anyway.)

Re: Didn't work

Arthromitor, let's see if you had the same problem I did. First off I'm running Win XP.

I tried the Visual Basic 6 Download, but it didn't change the message that it couldn't find the .dll. I put the .dll into my Special Ops Dir, and my windows\system but it still couldn't find it.

I then tried the "regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll" and it didn't work, it said it was still missing.

Then I looked up the error message I was getting on Google, not the error code, but the message. It led me to the list of commands for regsvr32.

After I ran the "egsvr32 /u", my error changed, then I retried the regular command and everything worked fine.

If you can, post any text you get with the error code. I'm not an expert anymore (I was pretty good with DOS though) but I'll see if I can help you out.

If the "regsvr32 mssdtfmt.dll" doesn't work for you I have something for you to try that worked for me.

First "regsvr32 /u mssdtfmt.dll" to unregister the file. Then "regsvr32 mssdtfmt.dll" to re-register it.

Thank you to the Standoff team for all their work. I only started playing after Episode 3 was released, but I have been a Wing Commander fan since the original's release. It's great to have a fresh story and missions.

I get the "specified module cannot be found" message with this one too. Seems like it can't find the mssdtfmt.dll file in c:\windows\system. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Vandrvekn

missing msstdfmt.dll / Vista-Problem

in case other people were having problems with getting Standoff working on windows vista when the error is 'missing msstdfmt.dll" i have found a solution that will probably work for other people.

This will only work with Vista.
-----------
First, go to:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt

and download msstdfmt.dll. Unzip it, and drop the .dll file into C:\Windows\system32

Go to start->all programs->accessories->run

type the following:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll

You'll probably get an error message: 0x8002081c

Search your computer for msconfig.exe

Open msconfig, and go to the last tab, Tools

Scroll down the list for disable UAC. Select it, and click Launch. Windows will probably complain, but just close the warning box for now. Click OK.

Restart the computer.

Once it's running again, go to start->all programs->accessories->run

type the following:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll

You should get a message informing you that the file has installed successfully. Close the box.

Standoff-Menu should now work.

Hi people. I've made a small patch to update Pedro's OpenGL mode and install that missing DLL. Get it here. Please try it and tell me if it solves your problems.

Hey guys what about this problem: I'm running Vista, and when I first go though installing I can run the game - once. Ever after it crashes upon trying to start with this message:

FileStreamer:: open CreateFile failed D:\WCSecretOps\data.tre

is this related to the above problem?

Hey guys what about this problem: I'm running Vista, and when I first go though installing I can run the game - once. Ever after it crashes upon trying to start with this message:

FileStreamer:: open CreateFile failed D:\WCSecretOps\data.tre

is this related to the above problem?

Nope, entirely seperate. Have you tried installing into the default directory of c:\games\secret ops\

Not necessarily, but a standard technique in finding software problems is to minimise the variables between different installations.

it works

whoever you are that works great. I used the steps for a few other ocx and dll files that I needed.

You are a deadset legend.

Cant thank you enough.

in case other people were having problems with getting Standoff working on windows vista when the error is 'missing msstdfmt.dll" i have found a solution that will probably work for other people.This will only work with Vista.-----------First, go to:http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmtand download msstdfmt.dll.~ Unzip it, and drop the .dll file into C:\Windows\system32Go to start->all programs->accessories->runtype the following:regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dllYou'll probably get an error message: 0x8002081cSearch your computer for msconfig.exeOpen msconfig, and go to the last tab, ToolsScroll down the list for disable UAC.~ Select it, and click Launch.~ Windows will probably complain, but just close the warning box for now.~ Click OK.Restart the computer.Once it's running again, go to start->all programs->accessories->runtype the following:regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dllYou should get a message informing you that the file has installed successfully.~ Close the box.Standoff-Menu should now work.

Back