Difference between WC4 cd and WC4 DVD versions?

U

Unregistered

hi there fans...

just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between wc4 cd and wc4 dvd version? any game difference or game play? i just recently bought the wc4 cd version for win95.

thanks fans.

The game is pretty much the same as the Windows 95 version, but the video is DVD quality.

Depends on the DVD version - the single-sided DVD has got the same quality like the CD version, but the double sided has got better ones.

You get some different game cut-scenes of the BW carrier from time to time. They also changed a few details such as not showing the knife cutting open the captain's throat, that sorta thing.

I think there was another post on this a while back. IIRC, I started it.

Porthos said:
You get some different game cut-scenes of the BW carrier from time to time. They also changed a few details such as not showing the knife cutting open the captain's throat, that sorta thing.

I think there was another post on this a while back. IIRC, I started it.

Both vesions of the throat slitting are on the DVD but I think the bloodless version is the one that plays in the game (although that may depend on your region though I havent seen any other evidence of it) Mainly I think because of european rules on showing blood and such in games. For example the CD version was originaly released in the US with an M rating but the PSX version has a T rating. THe only reason I can think of is because of that particular scene.

Porthos said:
They also changed a few details such as not showing the knife cutting open the captain's throat, that sorta thing.
I wonder why? I saw the scene not all that long ago, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed. It looked like he squeezed "blood" out onto the captain's throat as he pulled a rubber knife along the "cut". Not too particularly shocking. :)

Edit: On second thought, maybe that's the exact reason. i.e. The scene didn't look very impressive in high definition, so they muddled with it a bit.

Back