Descent: Freespace help

Rayvyn

Spaceman
I debated on putting this in the Off-Topic board, but the Tech Support board didn't specify WC tech support, so I figured this would be fine.

I have Windows XP. I just picked up Descent: Freespace and am trying to get it to run. It installed without a problem. But when I try to play it, the screen goes black and all I can do is move the mouse cursor around. I can't see anything else, I don't have any audio, and the only way to get out of it is to power down my computer.

I tried running it in Win 98 compatibility mode, but it didn't help any.

I thought I remembered seeing a fix for this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

May I suggest that this may be a question better answered by the community at Hard Light Productions, which is dedicated to Decent and Freespace? You can find their forums at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php

Then again, you may find the help you need here. We'll just see who shows up to post. Otherwise, I would recommend looking there.

When in doubt, it can help if you remove the software and reinstall, because maybe some of the files didn't copy over correctly from the CD

Back