Delicious Kilrathi?

Blaster

Rear Admiral
I was thinking about farmer Mack’s comment that the tigerlion he killed turned out to be “quite delicious”. Since the Kilrathi are intelligent the idea of eating them seems kind of like cannibalism but Mack didn’t eat a human which means he isn’t really a cannibal. So, I’ve been wondering, is there anything wrong with a human being eating a dead Kilrathi?

the kilrathi eat humans all the time :p I don't see why they should get some sort of preferential treatment.

Bondarevsky would probably say that just because the Kilrathi are doing it doesn’t make it right for us to do it too. He wasn’t very happy about people taking cat ears as souvenirs.

Maybe the real reason the bugs were interested in the Kilrathi is because they taste so good.

Canibalism is eating your own species. Last I checked humans don't have tails or felinoid snouts, so I'm pretty sure they're not Kilrathi. :p

As for eating dead kats, as long as care is taken to cook it thoroughly to kill off any parasites or other nasties that might cross the species barrier, why would it matter? I mean, they sure aren't going to mind. :D

We don't have this problem in present day "Earth" so much.... we eat anything and everything, because it doesn't speak intelligently to us. I think someone like PETA would argue that if it speaks, you shouldn't eat it.

Then again, PETA says if it Moo's don't eat it. Screw that.

Nu

I believe that it's been submitted for the next DSM (psychiatry manual, not the car line from the 90s) that taking anything PETA says seriously is a symptom of mental retardation. :p

When I started this thread I intended it to be more serious than this but it’s really hard to think seriously on this subject. I keep thinking about Kilrathi steaks and that bloodfang pilot impaling himself on the Hoe of Destruction.

Eating a kilrathi would probably be considered wrong being that they are an intelligent species and in a way equal to us humans, furthermore, we don't really eat cats in the world of today either (dont get me started with the chinese because they dont really eat cats, it is said that cat meat smells bad) so I don't think we would like to start eating felines all of a sudden.

This topic made me think of some even weirder things, do you think kilrathi or humans would rape eachother? :eek:

Well, I think they.... wait... WHAT?
I'm not sure if we are allowed to discuss that here (I'm still not used to some rules in american forums and how people think here), but let's try it.
(admins might delete this though, I don't know. Sorry in advance if this is against some rule)

Apart from the fact that some humans rape everything and everyone (which means the answer to your question is "yes") I don't think it would be that easy to have sex with a Kilrathi against their will. So, probably no.

And concerning Kilrathi raping humans... I don't know. Some years ago I thought about Cobra and what cruel things Kilrathi might have done to her and her family, and I thought of that possibility, but I don't remember having proof that Kilrathi rape humans in the games or the books, neither in the movie (at least the ones I read and played).

On the eating issue, I think most people, at least in today's society, would have a problem with eating Kilrathi. We don't have a separate sentient species on Earth (at least that we know of), but of the species that come the closest (most primates), we don't eat, and I think most people would have a problem eating.

Of course, we have eaten or at least harvested some highly intelligent creatures with complex social structures and/or the proven ability to use and create tools--elephants, whales, and octopi all come to mind--but I think most people that engage or engaged in these practices were doing it without knowledge of the animal's intelligence. Of course some people still wouldn't care...but some societies still or have recently practiced real cannibalism. So there are always exceptions. But in general, I think most people in our society would object to eating Kilrathi, and it seems like moral values have changed little enough by the WC era that that would probably still hold.

On the rape issue...I highly doubt that most Kilrathi or humans would rape the other species for either pleasure or sexual gratification (except the possibility of a the occasional deviant). However, in most brutal societies (and some not so brutal...see Abu Gharib (sp?)), rape of some kind, or at least sexual torture, has been utilized as a highly effective means of coercion and torture. Human beings at least (not sure about Kilrathi), have extremely powerful psychological connections to their sexuality, either naturally occurring or societally induced, and those connections can be utilized to break or modify a person's mind and either gain information from them or torment them. Since we know the Kilrathi weren't above using torture for either end, and since they had psychologists that studied humans, I find it highly likely that some of the torments that human prisoners were put through were probably sexually tilted in nature.

Of course, we have eaten or at least harvested some highly intelligent creatures with complex social structures and/or the proven ability to use and create tools--elephants, whales, and octopi all come to mind--but I think most people that engage or engaged in these practices were doing it without knowledge of the animal's intelligence.

MMMmmmmm, Octopus!!!

Seriously though, octopus are sometimes the unwitting victims of regular normal fishing. I'm not talking about big drift-nets or anything, just regular line jigging off of a boat. They sometimes go after the baited hooks and get reeled in. You can either throw back a dead octopus or eat it... I wouldn't really want to eat it personally, but I don't see a problem with it since it's going to go to waist otherwise (I also think people that eat steak and are against wearing leather are idiots). We've had Skates bite our hooks too. It's kind of like reeling in a big soggy matress until they flap their wings and take off. Some people eat those too... the wings that is.

Oh, and Octopus doesn't taste like much and is kind of chewy if you don't cook it right.

MMMmmmmm, Octopus!!!

Seriously though, octopus are sometimes the unwitting victims of regular normal fishing. I'm not talking about big drift-nets or anything, just regular line jigging off of a boat. They sometimes go after the baited hooks and get reeled in. You can either throw back a dead octopus or eat it... I wouldn't really want to eat it personally, but I don't see a problem with it since it's going to go to waist otherwise (I also think people that eat steak and are against wearing leather are idiots). We've had Skates bite our hooks too. It's kind of like reeling in a big soggy matress until they flap their wings and take off. Some people eat those too... the wings that is.

Oh, and Octopus doesn't taste like much and is kind of chewy if you don't cook it right.

Ya gotta pute some sesami sauce on it, AD. Find yourself a good sushi restaraunt and you'll love it. Try the "Baby octopus." It's a smaller octopus cut in half and smothered in sauce, it has the texture of a piece of brocoli and a good after taste. Just don't look at it too much before you try it.

The slices of octopus are chewy and usually tasteless I steer clear of these.

Eal is another good one VERY Tastey.

1dtqxn.png

Back