December issue of EW

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Saw this in the new Entertainment Weekly mag, 6Dec., p. 22; it talks about the most innovative and greatest games ever made...

"The sci-fi Wing Commander series, inspired by Star Wars (Hey, they wrote it, not me), and starring actors like Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell, imposed cinematic narrative on games.
'My games were mostly about stories and characters,' says Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts.'The inspiration for Wing Commander was "What if instead of being about trying to get a high score, it's about trying to finish a story?" ' "

Let's get EW's attention to see if some of our WC input will end up on their mail page; I will at least. It's an idea:p

You can email them at ew_letters@ew.com.

Originally posted by Wulf
Saw this in the new Entertainment Weekly mag, 6Dec., p. 22; it talks about the most innovative and greatest games ever made...

"The sci-fi Wing Commander series, inspired by Star Wars (Hey, they wrote it, not me), and starring actors like Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell, imposed cinematic narrative on games.
'My games were mostly about stories and characters,' says Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts.'The inspiration for Wing Commander was "What if instead of being about trying to get a high score, it's about trying to finish a story?" ' "

Let's get EW's attention to see if some of our WC input will end up on their mail page; I will at least. It's an idea:p

You can email them at ew_letters@ew.com.

I read that article, I'd have weighed in a little more heavily on WC but, hey I think I'm biased :)

C-ya

Back