Dawn of war

To be fair it is a great game the only downside is the only campaign is space marines i was hopeing to play as elder but heyho

That's great for me though as I collect Space Marines. There's an expansion coming out that has Imperial Gaurd as a race. Not sure if it has any new campaigns

Abselutely love it. I like how the Space Marine Dreadnought kinda picks-up the enemy troops and flings them a good 30 meters away... or how the Wraithlord peirces infantry with his chainsaw-sword, lift them in the air and then activates the saw... or is that the Avatar of Khaine?...

TopGun said:
That's great for me though as I collect Space Marines. There's an expansion coming out that has Imperial Gaurd as a race. Not sure if it has any new campaigns

It probably will...

The only dissapointment was that the dark angels had no role in the campaign. I never liked the blood ravens.

I loved the intro as well.

I agree, the intro was awesome.

I did really enjoy the game. It has good multiplayer re-playability. I was disappointed as to how short the single player campaign was, though. I was set up to play each race, but was shut down. ;)

Yeah, the game is prety cool, the gameplay is solid. I like all the options and upgrades, and how you can replace the casulaties on the battle ground, without returning to base.

That game was fun and enjoyed it big time. I remember playing it on network with my brother and we experiemented with different army combinations and all. It was fun.
Although I agree that the campagin was focusing on the Marines and nothing on the Eldar, Orks, Chaos or even the Imperial Guard. I hope that the makers figure that out and might release an expansion or something. Otherwise this game is worthy of recognition and effort..

I got the game a few weeks ago and I've been slowly playing through the single-player campaign.

It's only the second RTS I've played in years outside the Command & Conquer series. I like how you're forced to get out there and conquer the map section by section -- in C&C I tend to just sit in my base for about an hour. Marine units can get a good set of upgrades but it's not the end of the world if you lose a fully kitted out squadron in battle.

Dawn of War is my first Warhammer game, and I have to say that I don't care for the story or universe at all. The pseudo-religious stuff and the mindless soldier routine gets old fast and the voice-work reaches a whole new level of overacting.

I enjoy the action a lot but the cutscenes make me cringe.

KrisV said:
The pseudo-religious stuff and the mindless soldier routine gets old fast and the voice-work reaches a whole new level of overacting.

I kinda like the voice acting. Fits well with the universe. I especially like the voice acting for the space orks...

Dahan said:
That game was fun and enjoyed it big time. I remember playing it on network with my brother and we experiemented with different army combinations and all. It was fun.
Although I agree that the campagin was focusing on the Marines and nothing on the Eldar, Orks, Chaos or even the Imperial Guard. I hope that the makers figure that out and might release an expansion or something. Otherwise this game is worthy of recognition and effort..

There is an expansion coming out, called Winter Assault. It gives you two campaigns, one "good" (Imperial Guard/Eldar) the other "evil" (Orks/Chaos). The Space Marines just have a cameo appearance, as we've already played as them, right? :p

Apparantly, Relic listened to everyone's complaints about the short campaign, and is concentrating on that for the expansion while giving us a few new units (and an entire race, the Imperial Guard) to mess around with in multi.

And yes, the Imperial Guard will come complete with Basilisks and Commisars. And yes, the Commisars will be able to enforce the will of the Emperor with his bolter on any who dare retreat in the face of heresy.

Though, if they ever add Tyranids, the Relic boards will be swamped with cries of OMG TEH ZERG RIPOFF. Despite Genestealers being around forever, and 'Nids being around since 2nd? Edition.

Wow, is it including eldar, orks and chaos as playable factions in SP? sweet. I thought it was going to be Imperial Guard only.

Well, don't forget the Space Hulk games, even in pcs the genestealers arrived first!

It's looking like Winter Assault will be released this winter, and from the E3 video I saw of it the man giving the presentation (from Relic, and a huge WH40K nut by the way he was talking about the Orks) said that there would be a "Good" and "Evil" campaign. Imperial Guard was said to be ONE of the playable races in campaign, and the Space Marines were confirmed NOT to be playable. Combine all those tidbits, and it looks like there will be multiple campaigns. I know Chaos is playable in campaign, as another video showed one of their missions.

And I forgot about Space Hulk. With good reason, as that game kicked my ass so hard it deleted itself of the hard drive. ;)

Nice, very nice. The funny thing is that you get a couple of IG units during the original's campaign, so I can't see what's the fuss, considering all the other races that aren't even mentioned.

I never got Space Hulk to WORK on any of my machines. That 's why I hate it.

Back