Damn viewer

Chlegov

Spaceman
I want fiction in text or html format like in SpecOps.
Viewer -- ugliest program. I don't know english very well and i must use e-dictionary. How i tired to copy and paste text to notepad. Besides, this f#$ng viewer traps every minute. I constantly must insert cd with autorun to exit from it.
Somebody, help me pleas. US is coolest addon i ever see. And i want to walkthru it. But my nerves!

Quarto, can you see any harm in e-mailing this guy the unencrypted rtf files?

I must say this is worrying, its the first time I've heard about a problem with the fiction viewer.

Originally posted by Pedro

Hehe, you use the FORUM to talk to Quarto instead of ICQ, AIM, MSN, or e-mail? :)

Originally posted by Chlegov
I don't know english very well
US is coolest

See, americans? He doesn't even speak english well, and loves the US.

Originally posted by Delance
Sure, but he thinks the US is just an addon, not an independent country :p.

Pedro, I guess it's all right.

I must say this is worrying, its the first time I've heard about a problem with the fiction viewer.
The first time since we fixed it, you mean :p

Q I don't have them :p

Delance if hes not online why not? ;) Saves me writing an e-mail or even a PM :p
Blah I've been working all week I can be lazy ;) By friday I was so sick of databases I opened up msn.

The funniest thing happened to me while playing UE once. I ctrl+esc'ed out of UE, launched up the fiction viewer, read all fiction and etc, then when I went back to UE, all 2d images were displayed only in the left half of the screen (and I don't mean half an image - I mean full images, stretched to fit half a screen) and with their pallettes screwed up. I should've taken a screenshot of that.

--Eder

That occurs when you run in 32bit color and alt tab out, that bug is listed in the FAQ. Solution is to not alt-tab out.

That reminds me of some of the U9 bugfix descriptions in each patch's whatsnew.txt... "Up to v1.08 game would just crash, now it shows a fatal error screen then crashes" :p

--Eder

That occurs when you run in 32bit color and alt tab out, that bug is listed in the FAQ. Solution is to not alt-tab out.

So if the color is 16bit the bug won't happen?

The problem is with the windows key close to alt. Sometimes later in the mission you want to taunt an enemy or give a break-and-attack order and the game bugs out.

So if the color is 16bit the bug won't happen?

Correct. In 16 bit you can alt-esc out. I'd not recommend it however. It might destabilize the game.

The problem is with the windows key close to alt.[/B]

I guess that is why all my keyboards don't have that stinking key <g>

I use the windows key sometimes... but mostly because I tend to not use the mouse for a large variety of things.

Hehe, you use the FORUM to talk to Quarto instead of ICQ, AIM, MSN, or e-mail? :)

:) All in all, i'm from Russia. I hope, you are know attitudes of all world, except Tony Blair, to american world politics.

This problem can worry only non-english users. Because of only they needs to use alt+tab.

Originally posted by Unregistered
...i'm from Russia. I hope, you are know attitudes of all world, except Tony Blair, to american world politics.

Say what?....

Please clarify... :confused:

It would be great.
Especially for strengthening friendship of our countries. ;-)

Back