Curiousity...

TC

SubCrid
Hey, I'm just curious about how people read this forum

(I start at the bottom and work up... )

Reading today I found myself wondering how others did it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

As for me, I read this board in a somewhat random manner. But I tend to read the threads that I replied , or at least I try, because sometimes I lose track of them.

I really kept getting lost in that initial burst of messages the new board got when the ranks went up...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I always read new posts first, and than start either from the top or the bottom.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I start at the top and read down -- but only threads that either sound interesting or I know are interesting... I put in about six years of solving Wing Commander tech support problems, and I'm just not cool with it anymore
wink.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I read everything. Start at the top and work my way down, but lately I start by reading my child: the bedtime story thread
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are 338 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

The ones where people say the movie isn't a part of the WC universe, that Privateer or Privateer 2 aren't part of the universe, and I realy like the ones where people say that the Kilrathi Dreadnought from WC3 isn't 22km long.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Not when every week people want to argue about the same thing that was discused hundreds of times.
frown.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Quarto, I wasn't bored... just curious
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

I usually just read the ones I posted too, then those that seem interesting, and then (if I have the time) everything else. All from bottum up.

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

TC: Oh, all right then
smile.gif
. Well, I usually open all the new threads in new windows. I quickly skim over them. Then I close 80%, and reply to the rest. I close the rest, and then I click the refresh button on the page with the thread list...
This way, I can get through the daily thread-load within ten-twenty minutes, depending on how fast my connection decides to go (it's a hell of a great connection, but unfortunately, I have to share it with the rest of the university
smile.gif
).

I also open multiple (but not quite ten as I also surf the net while reading here)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Yeah. I usually open new windows, but then IE or Netscape usually crash taking them all down.
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I used to read everything when I was new here, but that was when WCSO was released for download. Now I just read the top 15 or so threads. Usually less, I really can't be bothered any more.

klaus' sig reminds me, I've got to finish reading Lord of the Rings ...

[This message has been edited by steampunk (edited January 29, 2000).]

Why?

------------------
The time is near.
There are 337 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

Didn't.

Tango-Sierra.
wink.gif

(I don't follow hockey, btw.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I used to read everything when I was new here, but that was when WCP was released for download.

Boy, and me being the sucker I am, paid for that one...
smile.gif
I downloaded Secret Ops though
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Oops.
smile.gif
A few months later I went and bought Prophecy Gold, after 10 hours of download too
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by steampunk (edited January 29, 2000).]

Back