Crossbow burners

U

Unregistered

During the Crossbow mission to rescue the ejected pilot, you have afterburners, but they don't increase your speed. Was this intended?

You don't have afterburners, it's just that hitting the afterburner key triggers the burner sound effect. I didn't have the time to hack the game to disable it (remember it's assembler hacks :p)

I accidentally triggered the afterburner lock when requesting status (tilde is next to 1 on the keyboard). I noticed the afterburner sound, but didn't see any increase in speed or a sudden consumption of fuel, so I dismissed it. Didn't think to try to report it.

Heh, it might well be. That certainly was why the Crossbow in this mission was modified to have afterburners - we needed a fuel indicator to be able to subtract fuel from. I don't remember how we check if the player can jump, but it's quite likely that it does check the level of fuel, in which case keeping your afterburners turned on would make it impossible to make the jump back.

Nah, I did take care of that. I locked the fuel level after each jump; in effect, the only "glitch" is the sound effect playing.

Just noticed a little bug there - in this mission you have the "Alpha Wing" commands listed in comm menu eve though you're flying alone. not sure if this happanes all the time or in between jumps though

Back