Couple of Articles on WC

criticalmass said:
That was the first time I ever saw a WC article opening up with Sigmund Freud. Whoa.
Sometimes a F/A-76 Longbow class Torpedo Bomber is just a F/A-76 Longbow class Torpedo Bomber.

criticalmass said:
That was the first time I ever saw a WC article opening up with Sigmund Freud. Whoa.

PeteyG said:
Sometimes a F/A-76 Longbow class Torpedo Bomber is just a F/A-76 Longbow class Torpedo Bomber.

[bad german accent] So what exactly about torpedo's reminds you of your mother [/bad german accent]

Honestly, I'd really like to see someone writing a psychoanalysis paper on flight sims.

Hmmm, joysticks, carrier landings, torpedo runs, ejector seats... - all classic war technology for sure, and none of it intendedly suggestive, but the analogies are obvious. Is war the epic struggle for relational dominance, and are space/flight sims the culturally trapped male's surrogate for acting out the gender conflict?

Hm, maybe I shut put less sugar in the coffee.

criticalmass said:
Honestly, I'd really like to see someone writing a psychoanalysis paper on flight sims.

Hmmm, joysticks, carrier landings, torpedo runs, ejector seats... - all classic war technology for sure, and none of it intendedly suggestive, but the analogies are obvious. Is war the epic struggle for relational dominance, and are space/flight sims the culturally trapped male's surrogate for acting out the gender conflict?

Hm, maybe I shut put less sugar in the coffee.

Defiantely less sugar in your coffee.

Back