• No

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Maybe, but not everything matches up

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Quarto

Very well, then... but if we're going to compare what Hitler did, then we should only look at what Stalin did until May 1945, because if we ignore Hitler's post-war plans, then we must also ignore Stalin's post-war actions. In this case, Hitler ends up looking a lot better than Stalin, because he, at least, allowed Vichy France to exist as long as they weren't a security risk, while the Soviets simply assimilated everything.

Eh, I'd tend to disagree with that-the reason I say so is that Stalin got the chance-Hitler didn't. That means you have reason, and right, to analyze what he did. But I do see your point, so I'll conceed it right now. :)

Originally posted by junior

That's a new one to me. Stalin had a highly placed mole in the Nazi government, and knew that Hitler was planning on attacking him, but he thought that Hitler would follow the same pattern that had taken place with every other country that Hitler had declared war on (France and Great Britain don't count, since they declared war on Germany before Germany returned the favor), and act as if he planned on negotiating before launching a full-scale invasion.

According to The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich -
1.) Czechoslovakia could have done VERY well against Germany in the rough terrain found on the German/Czech border, and probably would have humiliated Germany if Chamberlain and his French counterpart hadn't pretty much placed the blame for any war on the Czechs.
2.) Britain and France both wanted the USSR to declare war on Germany in the event Poland was attacked. Poland refused to allow Soviet troops entry into Poland in the event Poland was attacked by Germany. Stalin's response was basically, "So what the hell am I supposed to do to support Poland?", and told the Allies to come up with a better plan. Then Hitler approached him, and they signed the secret non-aggression pact that split up Poland between the two of them.

Really? I'm rather suprised by that, as all my teachers said that Stalin WAS suprised-because there wasn't a real reason for Hitler to attack, so he wasn't ready. (Which is one reason the Nazi's did so well-but not the only.)

I didn't know about this, wanting to declare war on Germany thing-although I'm sure it's probably true. (Brit/France wanting that, that is.)

Originally posted by Zarathustra
Since we are talking about mass murderers, why doesn't anyone mention the English...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are comparing Tolwyn to Hitler... try to keep things on the ball...

Pygmypirana, i don't think i'm off the ball, after all this discussion hasn't really discussed much of why Hitler and Tolwyn are so similiar; it seems to be more of a historical discussion of mass murderers. I think you are an anti-catholic orangeman trying to supress my opinion. You probably think the British are justified in raping and pilliaging my homeland, DON'T YOU!!!!???!??!?!

Zarathustra, truth be told no country that has ever made the news is innocent on the whole "mass murder" thing. But lets try to keep it from turning into a personal rant on how much you hate the Brits, ok?

A german pilot defected to the USSR just a week before fighting broke out. He warned his Russian captors, but his warnings were dismissed by Stalin as, "The ravings of a traitor trying to save his neck."

About a week later the Wermacht war merrily thrashing the Red Army. Apparently the Bavarian Corporal had never studied Napoleon.

Actually my response was somewhat sarcastic, I was told to stay on the topic of tolwyn/hitler, although i hadn't read anything about tolwyn in quite a few posts.
I do not hate the british, however, they do violate the rights of the irish, and have murdered them as well as their other colonial subjects, just as the Nazis did to those they conquered, and Stalin did to everyone he could.
Oh, and the Japanese did a lot of that stuff too, using GI's as dummies for bayonet practice, raping young chinese women for sport, and killing babies (they did do this, especially during the Rape of Nanking).
and don't call me a troll.

I think you are an anti-catholic orangeman trying to supress my opinion. You probably think the British are justified in raping and pilliaging my homeland, DON'T YOU!!!!???!??!?!

and don't call me a troll.

I never called you a troll... Furthermore...Ummm, where did I get getting called names and getting yelled at? I think you need to take a chill pill or something. Perhaps you should calm down a little. For one, I don't know where you are from, so I don't know where your homeland is or why I should feel that the British Raping it would be justified. Second, I never knew you were Catholic. Do not assume too much before you call me names and make accusations.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha

I never called you a troll... Furthermore...Ummm, where did I get getting called names and getting yelled at? I think you need to take a chill pill or something. Perhaps you should calm down a little. For one, I don't know where you are from, so I don't know where your homeland is or why I should feel that the British Raping it would be justified. Second, I never knew you were Catholic. Do not assume too much before you call me names and make accusations.

Um...first, I think he was talking to LOAF. Second, I think he said something about his response being sarcastic. (But not being him, I can't really say for sure! ;) )

Yes, my reply was a bit sarcastic, and yes the don't call me a troll comment was directed at Loaf. Also, if calling you an anti catholic orangeman is an attack on you, it's a poor one, since there are no orangmen left in ireland. That group was disbanded before there was even an IRA.
It was just a sarcastic reply to your telling me to keep on track.
Skyfire understood...
HOwever i stick to my stance of not being off track. The english are arguably (and i realize that i'm going out on a limb here, waaaayy out) worse than the Nazis because they were punished for their crimes whereas the English have never been. Sure they didn't have concentration camps where the irish or the indians, or what have you were systematically exterminated, however, they have and continue to imprison and execute innocent people b/c of political and religious views, sometimes with trials, sometimes without.
"A day in my life" by bobby sands is a good description of how the british treat political prisoners who refuse to "conform"
they have waged many wars of aggression throughout their history, as did the Germans.
also they are more than a bit to blame for the current crisis in israel/palistine seeing as how they controlled palestine and trans-jordan before they told the palestinians that they were leaving yet the palestinians were not getting there independance, the jews were getting a new country. That would piss anyone off. Yet the arab world hates us more than the english. I'm not a palestinian sympathizer by any means, i think that they areall crazy, something to do with being in the sun all day has softened their brains.
if i went a bit off topic, spare me the admonishments.

Well, in truth I was also being a bit sarcastic. Tis impossible to stay on topic in a thread. But yea, I was just like hmmm what was he trying to say. It's all cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back