Coolest Looking Spacecraft in WC

Viper61

Spaceman
I've seen many polls about favorite and best yadda yadda spacecraft in WC but I don't think i have seen one that is based on how beautiful a spacecraft looks. Anything is free from fighter to carrier, but since this traverses all of WC, I'm not doing a poll just post your response and why.

My picks:
Fighter - Rapier II - I don't know why I chose this this fighter (since I'm a die hard Hellcat fan), but it just looks graceful, beautiful, sleek, and lethal all in the same stroke.
Mid sized cap ship - This is a tossup for me between the Drayman from Privateer and the Kilrathi corvettes from WC3. the Drayman is just a streamlined looking craft, looking like it could take off at high speeds any second. THe Kilrathi Corvette I think is the most terrfiying Kilrathi design. looks like a graceful double edged knife cutting through space.
Full sized capship - I'll have to go with the Tallahasee class Cruiser. That capship just looked menacing, no room for anything else but guns. When I saw one of those things plowing through space, I knew fireworks were about to fly.

C-ya

best looking ship

This is a thoughf call.

Fighter: My choise is between the Sabre and the Raptor, both meanest ass kicking ships on the game.
I'll go with the Raptor first and the Sabre on a tightly close second.

Cap-ship: TCS Tiger's Claw, Bengal Class.

Next in line will be Waterloo Cruisers, Exeter Destroyers, Ralari Destroyers and Snakier Carrier, in this order.

The Raptor is the coolest fighter in my oppinion. The best looking corvette is the WCP Kilrathi corvette. This thing looks fierce.
The coolest big ship is the good old Claw. I like her fast looks.

humm...

for me, the best looking fighter was the arrow, but then having only played wc3-P, my choice is limited...

I think the best looking WC fighters are the Ferret, the Sabre, the WC2 Rapier, and the Broadsword... If I had to vote for just one of them, I'd have a tough time choosing between the WC2 Rapier and the Ferret.

From the WC3/4/P/SO period, my favorites are the Excal and the Shrike (too bad it sucks :p)... almost everything else from those games looked extremely average.

As for capships... well, my Hakaga doesn't really count, so I have to vote for the Claw. ;) Plunketts also look good, they get second place.

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
As for capships... well, my Hakaga doesn't really count

can you show us? :) ..........or are you saving it for later? :(

as for coolest ship, that's a tough one. i don't think i can answer that question, almost all look cool

pretty

I would have to say fighter is the Bearcat and cap ship will definately be the Vesuvius. Love the looks of WC4 ships

The style of WC ships varies a lot due to a lot of different factors. Lots of round designs on WC1/2, what was just fine since they used sprites. On WC3 and WC4, ships were very angular and had basically no curves because the software-based 3D and current hardware limitations. It was nice how they were able to blend the angular portion in the Kilrathi culture. On WCP they had more freedom in designing the ships. They improved on the Kilrathi look for WC3, gave confed craft a whole new look, which was actually had elements of previous WC game and also looked very sleek and modern. The bug ships had a professional concept that was well-implemented.

Originally posted by Viper61
(...)
Fighter - Rapier II - I don't know why I chose this this fighter (since I'm a die hard Hellcat fan), but it just looks graceful, beautiful, sleek, and lethal all in the same stroke.

I agree on the Rapier in every point (I disagree on the Hellcat but let's not go into this :) )

Originally posted by Viper61
the Drayman is just a streamlined looking craft, looking like it could take off at high speeds any second.
The Drayman from Priv? Nah, not my taste at all.
Best looking Capship is hard. There are lots of on both sides though most Kilrathi cap ships look very cool IMHO.

The Kilrathi Corvettes look all extremely cool, agreed, but so do the Fralthra, Ralatha, the Waterloo cruiser, the WC1 Claw, the WC3 Kilrathi dreadnought and Fralthi I + II. Really tough call, though I'd say the coolest CAP ship for me is the Fralthra, the most beautiful by far the Hha'ifra from WC2.

Back