Coolest death in the wing commander series

RATM

Spaceman
Hey, im kinda reviving an old thread here, but how was the coolest way you died in Wing Commander?

I recently rammed a skipper missile in WC3, well, least tin can sally survived right? hehe. I cant
believe i actually rammed a cap ship missile, i was afterburning to keep up with it, and i think i was
comin in by a 45 degree angle (give or take of course) and it went cloaked, i kept my finger on the tab button
and i ended up seeing the light.. then spinning outa control, then seeing the other light. then.. BOOM! fried!
lol. what a way to die huh...

Also in WC2 i kinda rammed the concordia.. heh... lets not bring that back up now shall we.. heh.

I rammed my gir....err (....think fast Dragon....) a lot of asteroids in WC II, those damn things always moved to fast....

I never had a very interesting death in a WC game. Especially in WCII, where I died too fast to see what was going on. I did get mad and frustrated though, that in WCP, I would launch missles at the bad guys and one of my idiotic wingmen would fly right in to it, say something like "Oh, so you DID mean to do that..." and all of my blue dots would suddenly become RED! Good 'ol INVULNERABILITY toggle... :)

This didn't kill me, but in WCIV I got a Longbow to chase me through the Lex's hangar, where the pilot panicked and crashed into the hull, causing a good twenty points of damage.
Oh yeah! And once, in Prophecy, I used WCPEdit (BEST TOOL EVER!)to give all the ships torps (Cause you know in some missions where you have to take out capships, but you don't have torpedoes and have to protect the bombers? Well, I got sick of the idiot Black Widow bomber pilots dying all the time, so I changed all the fighters to carry at least one Firestorm torpedo at all times.) Anyway, I launch from the Midway in a Wasp, and aim at the bridge. I lock on with a Firestorm ship-killer, and hit the booster, hurtling myself towards the bridge at a kazillion KPS, and just before I hit, I fired the torpedoe.

Well, the forward sheild of the Wasp impacted the forward viewscreen about the same instant I fired the missile, and the forward armour crumpled against the hull as the torp hit, so my Interceptor somesaulted away from the Midway as the Bridge exploded, showing me a very cool camera angle that looked like the impact had destroyed the bridge.
Neat huh?

The last time I played SO in the mission where you have to save a starbase (Lyten i think) from Capship missiles, out of the five or six fired, i managed to accidently ram while trying to kill one of them at least ten times in a row.:) I kinda sat there stunned at how bad i was doing. The Vampire may be powerful but it cant stand up to a cap ship missile.

Sure, many ships can take multiple capship missiles... things don't just blow up 'cause you hit them with capship missiles. It takes a couple of hits to take a ship down in most cases.

TC

My 'coolest' death did surely happen in P...one mission I ejected, but forgot to kill a Devil Ray before. Though, he found me before the SAR...took me up. And it was said: 'You were never found.'...and the ending film scene was shown.
Though what did the Aliens do with the ejected pilots/ other people they kidnapped? Or with the Kilrathi from Eloy?

Originally posted by Manjana
My 'coolest' death did surely happen in P...one mission I ejected, but forgot to kill a Devil Ray before. Though, he found me before the SAR...took me up. And it was said: 'You were never found.'...and the ending film scene was shown.
Though what did the Aliens do with the ejected pilots/ other people they kidnapped? Or with the Kilrathi from Eloy?

Medical experiments, animal fodder, catch of the day.. the possibilities are endless. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by TC
Sure, many ships can take multiple capship missiles... things don't just blow up 'cause you hit them with capship missiles. It takes a couple of hits to take a ship down in most cases.

TC

What do you mean by "ship" though? Can even destroyers/frigates/transports take more than one hit. Or is it the cruisers/carriers that can survive a couple of hits?

Best, Raptor

Whatever happened, methinks what they did to Blair was nothing compared to what others probably went through after being captured.

Survival depends on both armour and where you get hit.

Obviously a ship with more armour will take a hit better (unless it comes from the inside... hehe) but any ship can survive a hit if it stikes in an unimportant area. Many ships can keep moving with a big chunk knocked out of them.

TC

Use your M4D H4X0R1NG SK1LLZ to break on through to the other side. Wow... I used both B1FF speak and a song in the same sentance. Go me!

TC

Most capships will go down after just one. Insert sex joke here.

I suppose I could set up IRC at work... I can post to the board and read my e-mail and such when it's not busy.

Back