continuation of the series?

Talyn 83

Spaceman
Maybe this subject's a bit touchy, but since i'm a first time messager, why not.
I don't understand the Chris Roberts quote on wcnews.com
I mean, if the guy (i mean no disrespect, after all, he IS the creator of the serie) can find money for a WC-movie and projects like starlancer (love the game), why does he not have the time or the money for another wing commander? Is EA so very reluctant to sell the rights? One could argue that the time's not right, but: if not now, when? I mean, the genre is not what it used to be.

That doesn't answer all your questions, but space sims don't sell at this times, and the WC movie was a financial failure (but i liked it). Maybe EA waits that space sims become popular again and then they make another WC (at least i hope so):)

Sure, the movie was a failure, but they did get the money to make it, didn't they? And if they're going to wait for spacesims to sell again, we'll all have long white beards before another wc-game gets released. I sometimes feel it's wc's job to relaunch the genre. Wc being such a legendary series and all.

true, true:(

I'm a little concerned about the fan projects too. Not that I don't like them, it's just that there's a real danger that they will create contradictions in the Wing commander universe. It's already happening.

BTW, someone should really kick some butt back at EA HQ:D

Yes, but some contradictions are in nearly every game series, and the upcoming fan projects promise to be good. I think especially UE will have the "WC feeling".:)

I've Been Dying...

... for the next chapter in the Wing Commander Universe.

However, a couple of my friends say it shouldn't happen....

Out of my friends and I, only three of us really liked Wing Commander (I the most). That started with WC3 on 3DO *chuckle* :D

We went crazy over WC4, albeit a little disappointed over length and the deepness of the plot (kinda' hard to beat out a story over a 30+ year interstellar war, though)! Then, Prophecy came out and we were all excited again but my other two friends felt that Prophecy was the last nail in the coffin, sending Wing Commander to its grave. After that, they really didn't care too much for any more sequals.

I, however, kept hope up (still do... waiting for Prophecy Gold on the PS2 HAHAHA)! I figured when Colony Wars 1 & 2 came out, they'd revamp the series enough to inspire Chris Roberts to beat it out in his grandiose fashion.

That is not the case, however and I am still waiting for a new Wing Commander game....

Maybe for kicks they could remake "final," versions of WC1 & WC2 with FMV and beefed-up polygonal graphics...??

HERE'S HOPING :)

I've been thinkin' about that remake too. It would be great.
As for prophecy: I didn't like it so much either, but that doesn't mean the series is dead, right?

I would like a remake of WC1/2 too because I don't own this games(doh!). Prophecy:It's not the best WC but still better than the most other spacesims. It lacked movies in comparison to the other WC's.

The WCP movies took only place in the CIC and the bar of the Midway. They should have made some longer cutscenes in other parts of the ship, like hangar, the captains cabin and so on.

Indeed. Also, the carachters had less depth. Even though I got in a super-bug-killin' spree when dallas died. And I also liked Zero. But Maestro? That really a feeble attempt to replace the maniac.

Like they're ever gonna be able to do that.

This is getting the 'What I liked and disliked on WCP' thread:D

I liked Stiletto. No good actress, but good lookin'.:D

Ha ha!

)Stiletto did look good. However, she wasn't as saucy as Flint was. What a woman :cool: !!

I do find it strange that the Victory was "tin-can sally," and was cramped and dingy, yet there were more places to go! The Lexington was the same size but nicer and furnished like the Concordia! What happened to the bridge and barracks (probably called "dorms," in the Lexingtons case. That's what we military folks consider nice barracks to be :D )!?

Then, you jump onto the Midway, a super-hulking-beats-the-Vesuvius-in-every-way carrier and the selection shrinks more.

And Maestro was gay.

yeah. I've always wondered: will she and Casey ever get together? I mean: there were sparks.

Also, how come there were less women in both wc3&4 in comparison to other WC games?

:eek: How do you know Maestro was gay?

Zero and Dallas were one of the better actors in WCP.

I also think that the WCP missions weren't as complex as in the other WCs. What do ya think?

Less??

I figured it stayed about the same...? Wing1 had Spirit and Angel, dunno 'bout Two, never played it; Wing3 had Flint, Cobra and Rachel; Wing4 had Panther and, if you want to be technical, that bio-chemist and a slew of generic female pilots.

I think it's not a question of lack of women... it's a lack of interesting women...!

*Agrees with Lynx*

YES! After Wing4, the missions were very simple, standard stuff. Also, I think the omission of branching mission trees and interactive conversations hurt the overall plot. I understand that was done to get back to the olskoo "Wing Commander 1," days... but I guess we were spoiled!

If they make another Wing Commander game, I'd like to see branching mission trees and the return of the interactive conversations. I loved making decisions and seeing the outcome!

Back