Contest! Artists apply here! Win a CIC pen and stuff!

Originally posted by Filler
well, I had a think about it and I thought a different logo for each theme would be cool too.

sample2.jpg

*edit*
ChrisReid sent me the font that's used in the current logo
4.jpg

All cool - But out of those, the BW and the Kilrathi one appeal to me the most :)

With nothing to do at 2am this morning I decided to give this contest a go. Without further ado:

SomasCICForumslogo.gif

DARN IT! I had decided which one was best and was sticking to it and then you had to do that! Now I'm torn. :(

doesn't look like any more entries are coming, and considering that monday was a while ago...

Jump2b.jpg

This is what I started with my banner but my fonts aren't nearly as cool as Somas and I suck at anything by Adobe. I also couldn't get a decent picture of a confed ship to work properly with such a busy background. :(

Originally posted by Ripper
Good job, Soma.
Thank you :)

Lehah, that was the same idea I had originally (with a ship jumping in), lol, but I couldn't pull it off. The font in my banner is Vibrocentric, I was trying to choose the Viner ITC (Kilrathi) font but screwed up, chose the former, and thought it looked good...

Originally posted by Soma
With nothing to do at 2am this morning I decided to give this contest a go. Without further ado:

SomasCICForumslogo.gif

ME LIKE!..... This one has my vote, unless subsequent entries kick its butt....

Lehah, that was the same idea I had originally (with a ship jumping in

Mine was to make a shot of a ship jumping out at the "camera" and have the words "Wing Commander CIC Forums" across it's bow as the ship's ID.

Imagine how quickly that was scratched when I couldn't find a good shot of a ship at such an odd angle!

Hehe, I retract my earlier statement about us having the same idea, Lehah. I could only imagine how difficult that must've been, makes one wish one knew how to do that polygon-rendering-texturizing-kinda stuff.

Thanks, Preacher :)

Filler, How did you get the symbols you're using in your banners (Confed, Kilrathi, and BW)?

Filler, How did you get the symbols you're using in your banners (Confed, Kilrathi, and BW)?

I have them stored as vectors, but only for paint shop pro

Are you looking for anything similar to these?

Yes and no. :)

I wanted a carrier or some other capitol ship to write the words on. Probably toss in a few fighters in the background as well.

Back