Consoles or no?

How do you feel about ports of WC?

• WC belongs on the PC. End of story.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Mac and Amiga ports are okay... at least they have a keyboard.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Some of the console titles are really good.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Love 'em! WC SNES is what got me into WC!

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Just a question to the Admins: Isn´t there a way to automatically lock up (close) all threads after, like, 15 days after the last post? That would avoid the constant thread ressucitation we have been seeing lately, without giving you the gigantic work to close all old threads. Most of the people know one should not reply to ancient threads*, but there are always plebes who don´t.

For once, I agree with LeHah. This thread (and the poll) was stupid, but it was dumber to dig it from its grave.

* - suggestion for a 13th rule.

Ehh, IMO (<- take note! I'm not humble!) the value of a poll is that it sparks a conversation, not that it decides anything. Somebody posted a poll about console WC's and it can get us talking about an interesting topic... who cares if the poll itself is pointless? Has anyones opinion ever been changed based on an internet quick poll? (Hey, other people like the plasma cannon best... I must too!)

As for old posts -- I can imagine that there are reasons to bring them back from time to time... preventing people from doing that at all would just seem more 'EVIL INTERNET DICTATORSHIP'ish. It doesn't truly hurt anyone to resserect an old thread -- it's just that common sense goes against bringing up what's already been discussed...

I still have an add for WC SNES that I clipped out years ago... I always thought it would have been really fun to have been able to have played it.

You still can! Wing Commander for the SNES shows up everywhere all the time. You can pretty much be certain to find it if you watch e-bay for even a little bit, and you'll probably be able to find it somewhere that sells used games locally (depending on what the release was like near you, obviously.)

Even though the nice thing about consoles are...you don't have to worry about compatibility...but I believe the PC is the medium for WC and all sims.

And once again I'll point out Steel Battalion on X-Box. The PC is excellent for sims.. but consoles can be excellent for sims too under the right conditions. The controller depicted in these links are an example of what a true sim can be. It doesn't matter if you've got this plugged into a big black x shaped box or a tall gray rectangle.. it's a matter of the right software and right peripherals that make an excellent sim.. and you can have those anywhere.

http://members.aol.com/creid1701/tekki1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/creid1701/tekki2.jpg

:eek: That control-setup certainly looks great! But, until there's a console-sim (I'm referring to flight-sims) with realism comparable (even barely) to Falcon 4, I'll be adamant about sims belonging to the PC.

Hell yeah Chris, that game sounds awsome! I must admit, I think that could really help the game out in both realism and control!

Back