Consider this a taste... *SPOILERS*

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Of something I've been working on for a little bit...it's only one small part of a much, much larger project :D

Attachments

• episode-1.png
    episode-1.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 534
  • episode-2.png
    episode-2.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 396
  • episode-3-losing.png
    episode-3-losing.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 393
  • episode-3-winning.png
    episode-3-winning.png
    42 KB · Views: 458
Very nice, but needs lots of work i think. i.e in ep 1 if you loose enough stilettos in mission 2A you'll get 3B :D

Yeah these are just the basic trees, I still have a lot of conditions to figure out like Eder said.

This is just the start of a long and torturous relationship with the internal gears of Standoff :D

If anyone else notices any other mistakes, please let me know. I know I've already noticed a few...Eder wasn't kidding. This is going to drive me crazy...but in a good way.

Getting to 5A and 5B in the Prologue isn't dependent on what path you took earlier - it only depends on the number of fighters you have left (in other words, if I were to do the Prologue today, they would both be one and the same mission :p ).

In addition, you play 6A/B no matter what - I'm not entirely sure where you got the idea that you can go from 5B straight to the next episode. What would happen to Sparrow? :p

Also, you forgot mission 7. Everyone always forgets mission 7, stupid Sabre-flying jerks :(.

No, no, no you've got it all wrong...

You're supposed to tell me everything that is wrong... :D

It's as if people think you're a jerk or something, Q. ;)
Well, they'd bloody well better think I'm a jerk. I didn't get a Master's degree in jerkiness for nothing... it takes hard work and patience to reach my levels of jerkdom, grasshopper.

Don't both of you have more important work to do than make fun of my attempt at mission trees? :D

Here's an updated version of Episode 1...I'm sure it's still missing something or incorrect, but it's getting there.

Attachments

• episode-1.png
    episode-1.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 288
You may want to check how finding the pirate base in 3B works... I don't actually remember the details, but I seem to recall it being dependent on the number of Stilettos you have left. Also, it wouldn't take too much effort for you to check the source and find out what number of fighters is required for what :p.

You missed the "Bradshaw joins the pirates" branch, which goes from 3A and 4B to endgame C.

I'd also suggest showing the branching differently for 6A/B, right now it looks like choosing the Gladius after 6A/B takes you to 7.

Oh yeah, and rescuing or dumping Sparrow takes you to endgames A or B, that should be noted too.

good luck on this, I tried making something similar last year, got through the first 3 missions before I decided I didnt have enough time what with university et al. hope you make it through the game, its an awesome one.

You may want to check how finding the pirate base in 3B works... I don't actually remember the details, but I seem to recall it being dependent on the number of Stilettos you have left. Also, it wouldn't take too much effort for you to check the source and find out what number of fighters is required for what :p.

Hey I just figured out how to find the mission names in the source code...you've got to give me some time to try and figure out this stuff...it's like Kilrathi to me.

Iceman: I'm currently unemployed, so I've got plenty of time to devote to this until my teaching job starts back up in January. I've got access to a few things that make this a tad easier, but Eder was right when he said I'd go crazy trying, or drive Quarto crazy driving myself crazy, whichever happens first.

Edit: I here's another update of Episode 1. The program I'm using doesn't allow free floating text which is annoying let me know if it's clear enough on which branches deal with the number of fighters the player has left.

Attachments

• episode-1.png
    episode-1.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 299
Edraw Max. It's not bad beyond the floating text. It's much better than the first app I d/l'd for this.

Hadn't heard of Visio before. I'll check it out.

Visio's a major part of Microsoft Office, though it wouldn't be included in the typical Word/Excel/Powerpoint pack. It's designed for making things like org charts such as this. It can do a lot more than that too. That's what Johnny used to make the Prophecy universe map.

Oh ok. I took a peek at it. It looks interesting. I may try to redo the trees in Visio once I have them completely figured out.

Others, please note that the ep2 and 3 trees are still incomplete and perhaps inaccurate at some points with the branches.

This is some nice work, Dund, even if it's incomplete. If I had all the time in the world, I'd try helping you myself.

Also, you forgot mission 7. Everyone always forgets mission 7, stupid Sabre-flying jerks :(.
Nice to see your kind disposition towards others is still intact, Q. ;)

...and I realise it's not time yet for most of you, but... Happy New Year, anyway. ;)

This is some nice work, Dund, even if it's incomplete. If I had all the time in the world, I'd try helping you myself.

Heh, I was just telling Eder yesterday I need to hire an assistant :p If you do have some free time shoot me an email. I could always use an extra set of eyes...

But thanks for the compliment, I've got quite a bit done, it's just a matter of double checking most of it now.

I'm sure my brother will watch out for any glaring errors and omissions. He's been issued with far more spare time than I have been. In fact, he was the one who brought this to my attention. I think I must have missed reading the news for a day or two.

Back