Confused

jimrh69

Spaceman
Ive downloaded and put all the files in my priv remake, now what? it seems to start in the priv launch pad. Is it suppsed to do that? or is there a diffrent lanch exe for wc universe?????????

maybe its installed wrong or somthing it still looks like priv is it supposed to look completly diffrent or not....maybe I'm just not getting the idea of this. yes I'm a newbee

if u ever play P:R before, u should notice that under ur player info, there are other factions like firekkan, nephilim and etc. in WCU rather than the confed, pirates, kilrathi, retro, hunters and merchant.

besides, there are a large numbers of ship added in WCU and some attributes changes of the previous ship. one thing can be noticeable quiet easily is the jump bubble...

and the sectors of WCU cover up to sol, vega, enigma and etc, rather than just the gemini sector, u can buy these maps from the software upgrade panel... there r some system u hav to explore yourself coz its not available to be purchase...

there are more diffrences, those i mentioned were just some examples...

Have a great time exploring!!

For the planned features for WCU, take a look at the official homepage: http://wcu.solsector.net/data/features.htm

The FAQ there will also give you a good impression how the WCU upgrade work together with the P:R release.

And if you really want to find out what's happening, look at the Progress section on that same page - it'll show you a status of what's in and what is yet to come.

jimrh69 said:
maybe its installed wrong or somthing it still looks like priv is it supposed to look completly diffrent or not....maybe I'm just not getting the idea of this. yes I'm a newbee
YES!
It's supposed to look exactly like the Privateer Remake.
The primary thing you'll notice, right off, will only occur after you join the Merchant's Guild or the Mercenary's Guild.
Once you've joined the Mercenary's Guild, you'll notice some Demon's for sale.
Once you've joined the Merchant's Guild, you'll notice the Drayman's for sale.
As you play, you'll spot ships like the Arrow, Banshee, and others, flying around that weren't/aren't in any Privateer game.

The idea behind WC:U is basically Privateer, but with every Wing Commander Ship, Sector, System, Planet, and Base, available to the player.
The current version is actually just a small sample of what is to come.
(This project is far from complete.)

Back