Confederation Longbow-Bomber

Starman©

Spaceman
For all of you who requested more fighter-pictures (and of course for everyone else too :D ) here is one of our newest work, the confederation longbow-bomber.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F/A-76A Longbow is Confed's replacement for the venerable broadsword bomber. The Longbow bomber has a single job, to deliver torpedoes to enemy capital ships, and it does this extremely well. On the downside, its lack of maneuverability and acceleration attract enemy fighters like hornets. On the upside, the Longbow's formidable set of defensive missile weaponry, armor protection, and gun turret will make any hostile fighter pay the price for entertainment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits go to Lynx for creating and texturing this pretty ship.

longbow2.jpg

WC Saga is going to make a lot of very happy fans. May the wind be to your backs, gentlemen, and haste the project onward!
Sphynx

Blowing up Kilrathis won't be so easy anymore as it was in WC3. The defence turrets will shot down some of your torpedos...exept you are a good bomber pilot.
The easiest way is a coordinated attack with other ships so the turrets would aim another direction ^_^

looks like the comm will be used a lot more in saga, which is nice, as I always used to just say "break and attack" and then go on a one man killing spree, until I came across a target that I needed help with.

Well its not so importend to use the com...just keep an eye on what your wingmens are doing and you will see when its your time to strike ^_^
On the other hand...coordinating attacks yourself is a good thing to do and will make much things easier.

will the comm menu allow for better coordination of attacks? Will we be able to direct wingmen to attack specific parts of a capship/installation??

Indeed. The comm menue includes the commands:
Attack
Destroy my target
Disable my target
Disarm my target
Destroy subsystem
Ignore target

those are the more important ones for attacking things.

on the other hand, player's rank is second Lt. He actually can't issue an order to his wing leader, now can he?

Tolwyn said:
on the other hand, player's rank is second Lt. He actually can't issue an order to his wing leader, now can he?

That's exactly the point. But on the other hand, you wont be disappointed about the amount of mission-chatter. As I once said, this is more a hear-playing (Don't know the correct english word, I mean stories told on audio-cassettes) than a game :D

That's great to hear, because wc missions could often be a little quiet and I often got tired of hearing "You Pathetic descendent of monkeys!" over and over and over again...

I loved WCP with all of its constant chatter. That was one of the better parts. People taunting enemies on their own, announcing kills, begging for someone to save their lives, announcing their intentions for targets. Good good stuff.

Excellent model and some absolutely terrific texturing work it looks like. That's one of my biggest weaknesses...texturing. Looks like you've done a fantastic job on this one, gentlemen.

I just completed the shinemaps for the Longbow. And I experimented with glowmapping the cockpit. Note the front and aft windows, I tried to make them look as if they are illuminated from the inside with blue light. You like that idea?

Anyway, here are some ingame piccies:

Long1.jpg

Long2.jpg

Long3.jpg

Longbowformation.jpg

Longfire.jpg

Back