Confed Uniforms?

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
I've been recently trying to figure out Confed's uniform scheme throughout the war...but there's alot of kinks in it.....here's what i've got...

WC1 - The pilots wear blue pants and a brown jacket, while Halcyon wears something that could be similar to the WC3 uniforms..

WC2 - The blue and white uniforms seem to be standard, although they don't look TOO far off from a WC4 style uniform..

WC3 - Everyone wears the blue work shirt type uniforms, with the higher ups having a blue jacket

WC4 - The blue, more formal looking uniforms with presumably Space Force people having black stripes and Navy people having white stripes (or white strips might signify a Captain and higher rank)

WCATV - This is what is odd. It take place pre-WC1, but the people wear a combination of WC3 and 4 uniforms. The WC4 uniforms seem to be the full uniform, while the WC3 style uniforms are more feild duty uniforms.

I personally disregard visuals from the WCM, and that would only throw even more of a kink in the whole uniform thing...

So was Confed pumping out new uniforms every few years, or all of these really pretty much the same? I think they're all pretty much the same, with just minor variations.

I mean, Halcyon in WC1 does look like he's wearing a WC3/4 style uniform, and the pilots have that brown uniform. I think the brown pilots uniforms were actually like bomber jackets or something, and the style a good 600 years from now has them put ribbons and medals and such on their jacket, and wear that over their uniforms.

This would make the WCATV uniforms of a combination of WC3 and 4 uniforms still work, as the pilots would have a WC3 style uniform on presumably under their jackets. The WC2 uniforms aren't much different, but are perhaps dress uniforms. I haven't really played it in awhile, but I only remember seeing any distinctive uniforms other than when Blair was talking to Tolywn, which seems like a pretty formal situation.

Does any of that make sense? As I said, I didn't include the WCM because the uniforms are SO different from the others, and they're in direct contest with the WCATV uniforms which would have been right around the same time. It seems stupid that they would have those uniforms while Blair was a cadet...then changed them to the WCM style for a short time...only to return to using the other uniforms only a short time later...

Only the *first* episode of WCA takes place beforee WC1.

The only odd thing about the movie is the red flightsuits (which also appear on the WC1 FM Towns box). The movie's 'regular' outfits (like Blair and Maniac wear on the Diligent) actually look a lot like the duty jumpsuits from WCA (down to the weird pockets). The formal uniforms (Tolwyn, Sansky, etc.) are similar to the formal outfits on WCA. The *real* odd man out is SWC...

I don't think the WC1 outfits are leather jackets, though -- they're just brown tunics...

Come on.There are moslty blue:).Here is something common (Im not talkin about SWC and WCM as always....)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Come on.There are moslty blue:).Here is something common (Im not talkin about SWC and WCM as always....)

Well, the WCM uniforms were blue too...pretty much...just darker blues...

I forgot about stuff like SWC when doing it, but I would generally ignore the physical stuff like I do with the WCM (it's just so much easier)

The only odd thing about the movie is the red flightsuits (which also appear on the WC1 FM Towns box). The movie's 'regular' outfits (like Blair and Maniac wear on the Diligent) actually look a lot like the duty jumpsuits from WCA (down to the weird pockets). The formal uniforms (Tolwyn, Sansky, etc.) are similar to the formal outfits on WCA. The *real* odd man out is SWC...

The red flight suits are odd, yes. The red flight suits might have been older. It might make sense that earlier in the war they had those snazzy red flightsuits, but then WC2-WC3 to cut back on the resources they used the cheaper ones and kept those until WCP time, when they got new snazzy black ones.....then of course there's the WCA ones they sometimes wear, that are pretty much the WC3 flight suits with an X-Wing pilot style thing on their chests...

Although, I disagree about the movie uniforms looking like WCA uniforms....the 'regular' uniforms in the WCM have a weird neck, it's just a big cut out area that goes where a collar normally would go...

I just checked WCA to see the formal uniforms, and they do kind of resemble the ones from the movie. Those particular uniforms aren't quite WC4 and aren't quite WCM...although, yes they do look somewhat similar.

WCA is actually weird with the uniform situation....how many different versions are there? I mean, hell in the opening alone I can see a whole mess of them (WC3 style, WC4 style, their weird flightsuits with the orange vest thing, the formal uniforms)

Ladiesman I was talking about the WCM flight suites :)
They are red..with weird helms :)

Anyway I never comment: WCM and SWC and sometimes WCA series.Cause I think they are not in the regular Timeline..

Well, I stop right here people are gonna get angry for that (again)!!

The uniforms evolve from WC1 to the style of WCP thats similar to all of them.

As for SWC, WCM, Well I'll just support TCSTigersclaw on what he said.

But the uniforms just evolve (like a little species) to look better and survive. WC2 saw the first use of a flightsuit in the game, didn't see them in WC1 (if they were flightsuits in 1 they wore them almost 24/7). The brown jackets (WC1) I think are just that not leather but like the material in WC3.

If any of my ramblings make sense :D then my work is sort of done :)

Originally posted by Wolfman
The uniforms evolve from WC1 to the style of WCP thats similar to all of them.

As for SWC, WCM, Well I'll just support TCSTigersclaw on what he said.

But the uniforms just evolve (like a little species) to look better and survive. WC2 saw the first use of a flightsuit in the game, didn't see them in WC1 (if they were flightsuits in 1 they wore them almost 24/7). The brown jackets (WC1) I think are just that not leather but like the material in WC3.

If any of my ramblings make sense :D then my work is sort of done :)

Well, yeah the uniforms COULD change....but then that means they're changing their uniforms every few years. Especially during a war where you don't have the resources to be blowing it on new uniforms for everyone on a whim, it would be tough to do that. But then there's WCA that shows us that uniforms we thought were being used only later on are actually in use before and during WC1....

And I still think there's a good arguement that the movie shouldn't be canon....but i'll never win....I grudingly accept it now....

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
And I still think there's a good arguement that the movie shouldn't be canon....but i'll never win....I grudingly accept it now....

Yay. We've got them trained.

I think the uniforms in the games follow a pretty logical progression. The WC1 uniforms ( which I agree with I think it was Loaf about that the "bomber jackets" are just a pilot-driven throwback and their real uniforms are what Halcyon wears) which are similar to all the officers uniforms in Wc3, WC4, and WCA. The uniforms change in 10 years to what we see in WC2 (both flight suits and the white officer uniforms) when the Human race seems to actually be gaining ground and are pretty prosperous. The WC3 uniforms dingy and overall like due to the BoT drumming (lack of resources) and humanity looking at it's darkest hour. WC4 again has prosperity and Confed can now afford to spend more on uniforms. Anyway, just my 2 cents . .

C-ya

What kind of rank insignia did they have in the movies? I remeber in the first games they used the American millitary insignia but then they suddenly changed in WC 3, and weren't they different in WC4 and WCP aswell, I'm sure they were...

My thoughts were that in WC1, they didn't bother with flight suits. Those things were so rickety you couldn't survive if it did blow, so why bother with airtight suits? :D

Back