Confed Light Carrier

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Today it is up to me unveil the latest work of the WCSaga team. This time around, the release is a Confed light carrier.

The Ranger-class light carrier is an aging design that was constructed in the early 2580s, more then 50 years before the Kilrathi War started. They were initially designed to provide secondary support to heavy battleships, then regarded as the mainstay capital ships. The Ranger-class initially carried light recon craft and and space-to-ground precision bombers, but didn't have a carrier air wing designed for anti-ship attacks and fleet actions.

Ranger-class carriers aren’t very well protected or powerful. They are at a serious disadvantage when facing modern opponents such as the Kilrathi’s Bhantkara-class. However, due to the recent turn of events during this War, they have no choice but to act as mainstay carriers.

Here are the pictures.

ranger-final.jpg

compare.jpg

The second screenshot shows the drastic difference between the Ranger and Concordia-class. The most striking difference is surely the conning tower.

We are partial to the Concordia-class tower being on the right hand side. In WC4, they were forced to rehash the Victory all over again because they ran into probs with using the Connie. This way, this Concordia-class will look similiar enough to the Ranger, but just slightly different so one can say, "Hey, that's a different ship!"

Credits are as follows: model by Michael Boewes, textures by Anton ‘Tolwyn’ Romanyuk, final touches and model conversion by Michael ‘Starman’ Pretli.

The Fly said:
Excuse me for asking! But is the TCS Victory a Ranger or Concordia-class carrier?

The Victory was a ranger-class carrier, while the TCS Lexington from WC4
was a concordia-class.

That's beautiful, Tolwyn. It does seem to be missing something minorly important, however: the turrets.

Sticky this, someone.

yeah, although Starman is credited as the guy behind final improvements and model conversion, it still has to be done. ;)

*stickied*

Looks great. The comparison is really stunning. You can see why the concordia class was in service for so long.

Andropolos said:
Since I have really liked the concordia, I also am fond of its kid sister...

Nice work people, keep going!

you have liked the Concordia? You surely mean the Concordia from Action Stations, non?

the Concordia-class, named after TCS Concordia, which was destroyed in the openning action of the war, is indeed Confed's fleet mainsteam carrier

Tolwyn said:
the Concordia-class, named after TCS Concordia, which was destroyed in the openning action of the war, is indeed Confed's fleet mainsteam carrier
backwards ;). The TCS Concordia from AS is named that because it was apparently the first Concordia-class ship.

C-ya

It is.

The TCS Concordia of WC2 fame was named for the original Concordia destroyed in Action Stations. She is not, however, of the Concordia-class, but of a newer class, the Confederation-class dreadnought.

This thread could use a small dose of LOAF's Concordia Confusion Tonic . . . cures athletes foot, reduces arthritic pain and has been approved by 4 out of 5 dentists. Oh, and it also clears up Concordia bewilderment in 2 posts or less. Buy some at your local WingMart, or sample it here.

Use as Directed. ;)

C-ya

*dryly*

That isn't quite the word I'd use in this case, Loaf. Although your knowledge of teh WC universe is very, very impressive.

Back