Confed/Kilrathi Ordnance

If I hadn't known about the Kilrathi before hand, then I wouldn't have found anything strange about their appearance. And since I do know about it, it's not too hard to find a reasonable explanation for the differance.

Best, Raptor [/B]

I read somewhere that Chris Roberts didn't like the Kilrathis' appearance in WC2 & 3; after all, the only way you see them in WC1 (the game in which Roberts probably had the most influence) is in those big metal suits, so you never knew if they were furry underneath or not.

Originally posted by mpanty
Siamese cats...
Why you cold-hearted... every day it gets more obvious! mpanty is the traitor!

Err, perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away :). Still, you insulted the Siamese cats, which do have fur (really nice chocolatey-milky sort of fur). 'Tis some sort of cat that originates from Egypt (don't remember its name - could be Egyptian cat, I suppose) that you're referring to.

It's just crazy, I tell you... two different kinds of cats that *look different*!?! What will they think of next... different kinds of *PEOPLE* that look different?!!

It boggles the mind!

Sarcastically!

Originally posted by mpanty
I'm not sure, Quarto...

I think there are Siamese cats with no fur...
I stand by my words. If there really are Siamese cats with no fur (which I doubt... the reporter probably just got confused because in terms of size, body shape, etc., Siamese cats are similar to those Egyptian ones), I refuse to call them Siamese :). Why, it would be like saying that StarLancer is a Wing Commander game.

Originally posted by Quarto
I stand by my words. If there really are Siamese cats with no fur (which I doubt... the reporter probably just got confused because in terms of size, body shape, etc., Siamese cats are similar to those Egyptian ones), I refuse to call them Siamese :). Why, it would be like saying that StarLancer is a Wing Commander game.
You'd think that in order to be a Siamese cat, you'd have to be from Siam, but ohh no! they had to go and make it complicated!

[Edited by Frosty on 07-06-2001 at 04:47]

Sorry, old quote.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
FF are my least favourite missiles. They are slow, do not pack enough punch to kill a Skate...
Um, that was my only reason for using FFs in WCP. They were good for small ships like the Skate where an IR would be overkill.

But firing a FF at a Skate does not kill it and so you still have to shoot at it with guns. Fire an enhanced IR at it and you can switch to a different target.

Skates for me would rank just below a Devil Ray in difficulty. As soon as they closed up and shot off....good luck finding it!

The skill of a true pilot would be to blast the shit out of them with Mosquitos!

When a Skate charges you I found it pretty easy to destroy them with Mosquitos. And even when they turned around, activate the ABs and you can follow its tail and you can pounder it with Mosquitos without problems, since it has no decoys.

But I agrre that Skates can be quite annyoing ;)

I found Skates to be more annoying than Mantas (though not more dangerous than Mantas). Because of their smaller size it took me usually longer to destroy a Skate than a Manta (without missiles, that is).

Yeah, Skates were annoying because they were just kinda tough to hit. Plus they didnt blow up with one shot like the remoras, even with a dragonfly.

My favourite Nephilim ship was the remora! Instant fireworks!

Speaking of fireworks, starbursts and conebursts, on the odd occasion I have done some damage, but I don't seem to time it correctly. I'm not sure what the range would be.

I suck with that two. The one time i used a mace in WC2 i completely missed the two fighters that were my target.

Originally posted by Supdon3
I suck with that two. The one time i used a mace in WC2 i completely missed the two fighters that were my target.

In WCAcademy I always planted 3 or 4 Grikaths very near to each other, so I could use the mace against them. Well, I hit but it got most of my rear armour too...

Back