Confed/Kilrathi Ordnance

The Rapier in the movie had 10 missile mounts... you can see four of them on the wings mounted in the 3D renderings in the movie -- there's space for more, though.

I still think thats a bit much for such a small fighter with such small wings.

Think about fighters today, though: they have one main [rotary] cannon, and alot of missiles (most major fighters can usually mount at least 8); the movie Rapier has one main rotary gun, along with a bunch of missiles.

Originally posted by Penguin
If you rely on heatseekers your dogfighting skills should get better.

If you live long enough, that is. :) While you're fooling around trying for an HS lock, someone is likely to stuff an IR up your afterburners.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by LeHah
I still think thats a bit much for such a small fighter with such small wings.
Yeah well, it's the WC movie, isn't it? They didn't worry too much about inconsistencies, so... ;)

Just kidding LOAF, don't kill me! :)

To be honest, I don't see what the huge issue with the appearance of the Kilrathi in the movie is. It *always* changes from game to game, and even induvidual characters (Hobbes, Thrakath, Melek) change their appearance. The movie change is no worse than any other.

Best, Raptor

I dunno... Hobbes was pretty similar in both games, and so was Thrakhath (he even had the little jewel-thingies on his forehead in both games). Melek... well, Melek is another story ;).

And they all had fur in the games. I mean of course the appearance had to change when getting from cartoon to real actors. But you recognized them as Kilrathi (mostly due to the fur).
If you saw a WCM Kilrathi (without having seen the movie or heard of it, only the games), would you recognize him as Kilrathi, a feline warrior race? ;)

Well, there are cat breeds here on Earth that are just about totally hairless. :D I have no idea what they're called, though.

Best, Raptor

Thanks, Mpanty. Anyway, that's how I rationise the appearance of the movie cats, that they're a differant race/clan to the ones we see in games.

Best, Raptor

I liked the idea of SkinCats... :D

But again, Raptor, would you have recognized the movie Kilrathi as a Kilrathi?

Because everything can be explained...

"We can make the universe coincide with itself, but not with our preconcieved notions." - The Book of LOAF. :D

If I hadn't known about the Kilrathi before hand, then I wouldn't have found anything strange about their appearance. And since I do know about it, it's not too hard to find a reasonable explanation for the differance.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
"We can make the universe coincide with itself, but not with our preconceived notions." - The Book of LOAF.
That's a nice sentence! I might add that to my sig! :D

Heh. I can't take credit for it. I remember it being kicked around years ago on AGWC, when we had similar talks about how well the books and TV series fitted into the WC universe.

Best, Raptor

Back