Confed/Kilrathi Ordnance

Why waste missiles on those Barracudas? Just park yourself in the blind spot and blow it to bits with your guns.

Best, Raptor

Barracudas were quite deadly if you got in their line of fire...and they had a good turn rate, better than the Killie Korvettes!

Hehe...then you had to jump around. Quite a lot. I never proved it. I killed all fighters, destroyed their weapons and gave them just rackets. They needn't have any target system. Just staying behind and firing 10 rackets. Always at the same part of the ship. And *boom* there had been a Barracuda. Or you don't take any racket and just take all canons and do the same. It's fun. I always let them till the end. I like it. Or sometimes I don't destroy it's weapons and dance with it while I do. It's nice. But the other pilots alwayskill them. I sometimes wish I could say via Comm: 'Hey that's mine! Leave it!'.

No, no, no, I meant where are the missiles on the ships. I never see any hardpoints or launchers. Where are they? There are too many for them to be housed internally.

I think that they are housed internally.

Look at the Banshee, it have its missiles in a internal bay (my WC IV "damaged" CD now works, must be my new CD ROM drive) and its compact design.

Of course that must be "default" loadouts but in WC III/WC IV we had the autority to change your fighter loadout, or at least the game let us do that.

I miss changing my loadouts. Missions that use to tick me off, I use to just load up on FoF missiles and launch them all the moment I was with-in range of fighters. Esp effective while flying a Longbow! :D

I loved using salvos of dumbfires against capships in wc4 in a Longbow...well the beginning missions, especially the one against the BW cruiser :D

Capships were way too easy to kill in WC4: dumbfires, leach guns, fission cannons, just about anything killed a capship.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Supdon3
I know there are:) i just couldnt remember which fighters had them. I think they werent on the bombers or the heavier ships like the Panther or Vampire.

The Shrike mounts DF's in WCP IIRC.

I liked the DF and Dragonfly. Of course, IR's are the best, but I found the HS to be likeable.
FF are my least favourite missiles. They are slow, do not pack enough punch to kill a Skate and attack almost always the wrong ship. Besides their high probability to fall in for decoys also annoys me. (Trackers also fall into that category for me)

I didn't use the Mosquitos often, because they were too likely to lose track due to decoys.

Missiles are sometimes house internally (all of the WC3-forward fighters), but are sometimes slung under wings... look at the Stiletto, the Morningstar or the WC1 blueprints to see external missile hardpoints.

!

I was always curious as to how the WCM Rapier was able to house all those damned missiles! What was it, a dozen or so? Look at those tiny little pylon wings!

I've notice about 4-6 missiles on the wings, but I remember the ordinance number of missiles to be absurd.

No wonder why the WCM Tiger's Claw pilots were such bad dogfighters. Pilots become to reliant on missiles and forget how to fly.

In the movie you can see the Rapiers w/ a missile on top of each wing and a missile underneath each wing, as well as the missile underneath the fuselage (main body); I don't own the WC technical manual or whatever, but that's the 5 missiles that the Rapier had in WC1 (2 DFs, 2 FFs, and 1 IR, I think).

Back