Confed Corvettes

What exactly distinguishes a frigate from a destroyer in Wing Commander, anyway?

It has been theoriezed that frigates in Wing Commander (which are, in the one example we can measure, larger than cruisers) rely more on expendable munitions and customizability -- in Wing Commander IV we see the same class of frigates fitted to launch CapShip Missiles, fitted to carry a complement of Lances (which are *big* fighters!) and fitted to transport large numbers of refugees.

What about Confed Camaros little is known about them, Are they better or worse or just a poor mans Corvette? I heard they were going to be building a newer version with a similar retrospect to them.

Even better yet what about the Border World Mustangs is it true the new ones are made to look like the old ones but with newer technology?

:D

<< Big Camaro Fan

What about Confed Camaros little is known about them, Are they better or worse or just a poor mans Corvette? I heard they were going to be building a newer version with a similar retrospect to them.

Even better yet what about the Border World Mustangs is it true the new ones are made to look like the old ones but with newer technology?

:D

<< Big Camaro Fan

The Confed Camaros are made from the same mold as the Confed Firebirds, with slight differences here and there.

Where are these Camaros and Firebirds mentioned? (I know I'll kick myself afterwards.)

They're not. It's car geek jokes playing on the fact that a car was named after a class of military ship... conveniently, the cheapest most expendable piece of junk class that's a poor substitute for a proper warship.

If it's a ZR1, I'll take my chances!!

As for the others, they all have their places. Just...please.....no restomods need apply! ;)

How about sticking to the original thread topic, hmm? I don't think y'all would like me getting back into my old BanStik™ habit.

Back