Coneburst and Starburst

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Final Unity was great. I think I'll go play it again!

Oh yea! I still have that loaded up on one of my machines set up for those dos games. I played it again just last weekend. I didnt realize how intricate the game actually is compared to others. I also found a save game archive from that where I saved a game after completion of the game, to just roam the sectors. I like to cross the neutral zone into Romulan space and take on those warbirds!! I miss that Galaxy class ship!

RFB

ST:TNG Final Unity was a good game, but divorcing an object from this space-time continuity would be a difficult task. Otherwise, you could just phase a ship out, take it to it's destination, and un-phase it just before you docked it.

And, the Unity Device was so large it had a natural atmosphere and moons. But, a matter-reorganization device like the UD would have to be obscenely large...otherwise you could just build another.

I never understood why the Skipper missile had to de-cloak to reacquire it's target. Ships can use sensors in cloak...why not missiles? Other than the fact that the player would either have to hang around the launching capship or the Victory to pick off the missiles when they decloaked to kill the ship.

You guys played Final Unity as well, great game and nice ending....
I wonder if its still works with my Win98 only PC....

Originally posted by Dragon
You guys played Final Unity as well, great game and nice ending....
I wonder if its still works with my Win98 only PC....

I tried to get it to run in win once, but it came up with just a dos box and at the bottom of it it said "running under windows, not recomended." :(

RFB

I have it installed and operational on one of my other machines that is using DOS 5.0 for the OS. That machine runs my WCII thru WCIV. I didnt have much luck with the FMV's in WCIV with that win patch thing. The movies sound kept skipping, the video seemed to be slightly out of sync, so I run it on the DOS machine. If you figure out a way to get it (STTNG FNL UN) to run in win, tell all please!!:)

RFB

Belive it or not.
IT WORK.
Just click "prevent program from detecting windows" and it install just fine.
I even play one of the battles.
Only the univesa does not work (also I dont have a processor he he) but it install just fine and work just fine.
Remeber to check "prevent program form detecting windows" and it works.

It's easy. Right click the program, then select "Properties," then select the Advanced tab. Then, with <i>great</i> relish, select the checkbox, "Prevent MS-DOS based programs from detecting Windows".

:)

Back