Coneburst and Starburst

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Yupp, you have to capture the Princeton or whatever she is called in one of the Speradon missions. I never used the Mace though but I heard nothing good about it...

Well I never captured it, unfortunately. Maybe I'll try this once again, just to see the Mace explode. Am I the only one who uses the Coneburst, btw?

it is a bit tricky to capture the carrier. i never managed to do it but someone here at the CIC told me the way to do it is as it follows: First destroy the engines at the rear of the ship and every turret and then inflict 50% damage on the Carrier.

it is a bit tricky to capture the carrier. i never managed to do it but someone here at the CIC told me the way to do it is as it follows: First destroy the engines at the rear of the ship and every turret and then inflict 50% damage on the Carrier.
Yes if I remember it correct, this was discussed a few days ago... I haven't played WC4 in years and it will take some time until I've got enough time to do it... Right now, something called "Abitur" is waiting...

A you have to write it on monday, too? I have to write Latin on monday. Well, good luck then. :) I suppose we both may need it.

A you have to write it on monday, too? I have to write Latin on monday. Well, good luck then. :) I suppose we both may need it.
No, in Denmark it starts in the end of May. However, then I'll have written exams in Danish LK, German Lk (easy), Physics LK, Mathematics LK and chemistry LK (for all not germans: LK means Leistunskurs, the highest niveau)...

Then I'll have 5 oral exams a month later...

You write in Latin?!?! Good Luck! Errare humanum est, ergo sumus ach nee ich bin den SCheiß endlich los... Inopia et discordia!!!

Oh I forgot to say Viel Glück!!! You will need it :)

I have to write Latin on monday.

Latin? <shudders> :eek:

Good times, good times...

"ROSA, ROSA, ROSAM, ROSAE, ROSAE, ROSA" and the rest...

"ALEA JACTA EST" and "AUDACES FORTUNA JUVAT", so THAT's why Blair managed to blow up Kilrah... :)

Thanks. :)
(BTW, your Latin is most elaborate... ;) )
I know :) I've had it 2 years in 1996 and 97 and then we moved to DK, and I swore : NEVER AGAIN (Actually, when I say Never Again this always happens to me, in 1995 a friend of mine in Cologne said to me he'd like to live in Denmark. I said: What do you want in that country, I'll never go there... so I've become a bit careful)

Hopefully, there will NEVER be a new WC game ever again!!!

Originally posted by Sonntag

Hopefully, there will NEVER be a new WC game ever again!!!
Watch out Sonntag... there are always exceptions to the rule... Pray that this one is not one of them... ;)

Originally posted by mpanty
Watch out Sonntag... there are always exceptions to the rule... Pray that this one is not one of them... ;) [/B]
Ok I hope that they will not make any Privateer game, either!!!

And lets hope that 2 exceptions from the rule are unlikely...

I use Artemis on them quite often, especially on Stingrays. Since Stingrays cluster themselves quite often at a long distance, so I fire an Artemis on every I can target and can be sure that I won't need to bother wth them anymore.
Well, sure, I fire Artemis IRs at Stingray clusters too, if only because then they are bombers. But otherwise, an FF is usually sufficient to deal with a Stingray.

It is a bit tricky to capture the carrier. I never managed to do it but someone here at the CIC told me the way to do it is as it follows: First destroy the engines at the rear of the ship and every turret and then inflict 50% damage on the Carrier.
I don't know about the 50% damage bit, but it's a bit hard to target components in WC3/4. But killing the turrets and the engine components should do the job.

Well, I've only played that mission a couple of times, just had problem targetting the engines. I guess by the time the engines blew, it had already sustained 50% damage.

It always seemed to me that shooting out those huge engines was easier than shooting turrets. The mission is definately worth flying if you like the Mace missile. Wiping out a flight of Hellcats with one missile always makes me chuckle, inwardly, of course.

Originally posted by mpanty
I have to write Latin on monday.

Latin? <shudders>

Good times, good times...

"ROSA, ROSA, ROSAM, ROSAE, ROSAE, ROSA" and the rest...

"ALEA JACTA EST" and "AUDACES FORTUNA JUVAT", so THAT's why Blair managed to blow up Kilrah...

I would shudder at your Latin knowledge too. ;)

The Romans had no "j", so it is "iacta" and "iuvat" ;)

But thank you all for your good wishes, I hope I will do fine.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-30-2001 at 17:34]

Originally posted by Death's Head
It always seemed to me that shooting out those huge engines was easier than shooting turrets. The mission is definately worth flying if you like the Mace missile. Wiping out a flight of Hellcats with one missile always makes me chuckle, inwardly, of course.

So the Mace in WC4 really packs a punch? How does it fare against Capships?

Back