Coneburst and Starburst

Hobbie

Spaceman
Has anyone ever used these two missiles successfully? I can never hit anything with them. The one time I did was when I fired a coneburst at a frigate. It didn't do enough damage to be worth more than a dumbfire or IMRec that could have been in its place on my loadout.

[Edited by Hobbie on 03-20-2001 at 18:47]

Yes 3 places i have had luck with them:

1: Against The last batch of banshees you run into- Starburst

2: Against the first 2 dragons when you have to disable the BL transport- coneburst

3: Against seether- conburst

But it did take some practice and having the camera in missle mode.

Missile mode? I have heard of it but never used it. I couldn't understand how to set off the missile at a certain time (this also relates to the Mace). Could someone fill me in?

Yeah, he probably means Telamon -- but just don't fly a Lance in that mission, and you don't have to fight your own kind...

For the timed missiles... you fire the missile, and *hold down* the firing key -- once you release it, the missile explodes. So if I hit enter to fire a mace, it'll explode once I release the key.

Can't remember trying to use the Mace in WC4. Does that mean if you only tap the firing trigger, it detonates in front of you?

IIRC, that feature was supposed to work on the Tracker MIRV, but I never managed to get it work that way.

I've... used it -- but not really well. There's not much of a point (G) (Although the Mace makes a fantastic ring explosion).

If you just tap it, the missile fires and detonates in 20 seconds.

Originally posted by Hobbie
Has anyone ever used these two missiles successfully?

Nah, just use leech missiles, one hit and the enemy fighters dont bother you again...
But i guess there is a problem in WC4, sometimes if i leech all fighters i cant autopilot to continue a mission or if i can, i get a failed mission...i dont like to have to shot down enemy fighters this way though :(

Yes, leeching the dragons is the best way to save you from a lot of trouble, but i dont like to shot down the enemy this way, when its defenseless, even if it is the BL

You softie! :) The BL wouldn't hesitate to use lethal force on such an 'inferior' pilot with feelings like compassion.

Well they surely wont think im an inferior pilot after leeching them ;). And i dont wish to use the same tatics as the BL. Dont want to be like them.

[Edited by KillerWave on 03-21-2001 at 00:37]

Dream on! :) Besides, we fought like the Kilrathi in the War, Paladin even felt sad that we were becoming like them, but we didn't, did we? At least not all of us. But for the record, I don't feel very good taking Hawk's options either.

Back