Concordia Schematics

Magnum

Rear Admiral
I'm looking for high quality pics of the Concordia for making models. I would like schematics (like blueprints-side, top, front, etc. views) or good perspective views. (No WC2 gameplay screenshots please. I already have those and they don't help anyway.)

P.S. If you have this sort of thing for other ships, especially other WC2 capships, I would appreciate them too.

Post here or e-mail me at ADKirsch1@juno.com if you have this.

Thanks
 

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I don't think anyone has blueprints or schematics of any WC2 ships... But, if you're looking specifically for the Concordia, I suggest you visit the WC3D section of the main CIC page, download their model, and use it for reference. That model is as accurate as it gets. So accurate it's scary, actually. <g>

--Eder
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Eder
I don't think anyone has blueprints or schematics of any WC2 ships... But, if you're looking specifically for the Concordia, I suggest you visit the WC3D section of the main CIC page, download their model, and use it for reference. That model is as accurate as it gets. So accurate it's scary, actually. <g>

--Eder
Hey, Eder:
Concordia 3D model = prime example of what I meant about cartoonish-looking ships.

I finally got trueSpace 4, and I looked at that model today, from close-up. Wow, how garishly primitive it (the paint job, that is) looks... Now, I understand that the "paint scheme" is from the old days of BMP graphics, and it's pretty much how they'd had it colored in the game, etc., so to be "true" to the original design, I guess you'd be locked in to painting it that way.

...yet still, some of the models you & others have come up with for ships of that era are a lot more "realistic" looking than this... Tell ya what: Once I get more experience w/ TS4, I'll try to "re-mesh" the model in a more realistic fashion, and when I'm satisfied with it, I'll let ya have a look. :)
 

Magnum

Rear Admiral
thanks. of course, with this detailed model (which I just downloaded, but haven't looked at yet), it begs the question:

What did whoever made it (I don't remember) look at to make it in the first place?
 

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Yep, that's why I said it is as accurate as it gets :)

My models may look more "realistic", but that comes at the expense of accuracy, if you consider how the original models look... Still, who the hell cares? :D

--Eder
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Magnum
thanks. of course, with this detailed model (which I just downloaded, but haven't looked at yet), it begs the question:

What did whoever made it (I don't remember) look at to make it in the first place?
He coulda taken it from the cover art for WC2 Deluxe...
 

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Originally posted by Preacher
He coulda taken it from the cover art for WC2 Deluxe...
Kinda unlikely, since the model was probably made before the cover art.

--Eder
 

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Something which always bothered me about the Concordia model: why did they leave that gaping hole in the middle of it?
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Wedge009
Something which always bothered me about the Concordia model: why did they leave that gaping hole in the middle of it?
Gaping hole?...Are U talkin' 'bout the gaping separation running down the "midway" point of the Midway, perhaps?...:confused:
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
No, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the gaping hole in the Concordia model, since that's what he said :p...
 

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Correct as usual, Q. :) Hello again.

Preacher, you can't see it with the low-res sprites in WC2, but if you look at some Concordia pics of the original model, there's a huge empty block in the middle, between the flight deck and that antenna array looking thingy.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Hello again indeed :). As for the gaping hole... who knows? Maybe the designer just happened to feel like placing a gaping hole there?
 
Top