Concordia Hull # a homage to Enterprise?

ngochuong

Spaceman
Hey all, I've wondered this for years but I've never actually asked anyone who could have the answer. Concordia's hull number is 65, which matches the hull number of USS Enterprise (CVN-65). Was this a homage to the carrier, perhaps signifying that Concordia was as important to the Wing Commander universe as Enterprise was to the Navy (and or Star Trek)?

It's quite possible! The Enterprise was the first nuclear powered supercarrier and there was a big focus early on about the Concordia being a new sort of warship (with a huge gun.) Could be a coincidence or it might be intentional (stranger still, though: why is the hull number 14 on the box?)

(CVN-65 does show up in the Wing Commander universe for certain elsewhere, though: for whatever reason, the display in the TCS Lexington's ready room that features a photograph of an aircraft carrier is Enterprise rather than one of the Lexingtons...)

It's quite possible! The Enterprise was the first nuclear powered supercarrier and there was a big focus early on about the Concordia being a new sort of warship (with a huge gun.) Could be a coincidence or it might be intentional (stranger still, though: why is the hull number 14 on the box?)

(CVN-65 does show up in the Wing Commander universe for certain elsewhere, though: for whatever reason, the display in the TCS Lexington's ready room that features a photograph of an aircraft carrier is Enterprise rather than one of the Lexingtons...)

I always thought the producers intended/anticipated that one day their would be a nuclear powered Lexington, but if so, they should have done a bit of editing on the hull number.

Back