Concept Sketch Combines Different Kilrathi Elements (March 11, 2006)

Death said:
Right, the red beret folks weren't armored. See the winning version of the cutscene regarding the Mopoks (from which I think a screen shot has been posted, but I'm too lazy to search it up right now :p ).

The red berets are wearing what look like green fatigues... Fairly thin looking. Even so. It's possible its greener version of the suit paladin wears in the movie when the marines board the kilrathi comcon.

Ninja wanted me to post the image in an attachment so here you go:

Attachments

• confed001.jpg
    confed001.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 120
Nice work, NinjaLA!

I was going through a bunch of game demos I had downloaded a few months back and hadn't installed yet and came across one called Vivisector, which may be of interest to you with regards to your Kilrathi concept sketches. The game is an action FPS inspired by H.G. Wells' sci-fi novel, The Island of Dr Moreau and appears to include some humanoid cat-like enemies amongst various others such as Hyena's, wolves, etc.

The developers have some relevant source artwork and a series of screenshots which may provide some inspiration.

These two images in particular are halfway to pulling off a Kilrathi, or at least the closest I have seen in a game outside of Wing Commander!

my.php

You can grab the Vivisector demo here (2 level - 189MB). I've uploaded a short clip from the demo (1024x768 XviD, 25 seconds - 5.59MB) which highlights some of the character animation -- in this case the hyena variants. The stutter in the demo is from my system struggling to record the sample using FRAP's, the animation is a lot smoother when just playing the demo.

Your Kilrathi and Confed Marine sketches look very promising, with a bunch of cool elements, such as the Kilrathi shoulder plates from the games and the muscular chest plating as seen in the movie. The only thing that seems a wee bit off to me is that the Kilrathi sketch appears ever so slightly top heavy, with the lower half a smidgen out of proportion, but it could just be the armour skewing my perception of the upper half.

In WC3, Kilrathi hind paws/feet are depicted as splayed fairly wide as seen below. I can't recall how they were depicted in the movie though.

Cheers,

BrynS

here's one I made last night.. I totally screwed up the legs and feet, I figured out what I did wrong.. I just haven't fixed it yet. its good from the hips up "P

kilpriestess001.jpg

The big debate is: tail or no tail?

Also, I think their helmets should have ears, like on WC1/2.

"how many lights do you see?"

There are four lights.

*zzzzzot*

"There are five lights. Try it again picard, how many lights do you see"

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" *ZZZZOT*

I count two legs. I suggest you get glasses.

NinjaLA said:
"how many lights do you see?"

There are four lights.

*zzzzzot*

"There are five lights. Try it again picard, how many lights do you see"

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" *ZZZZOT*

I count two legs. I suggest you get glasses.
I've already had my vision tested and it's a perfect 20/20.

NinjaLA said:
remade that one

It's better overall. I think it would look better (more natural) if her left leg was turned a little more toward the viewer.

And I think you got the dew claw on the wrong side on the back leg.

P.S. Hehehe, whats up with the little puppy at the bottom?:)

must've been something on the back of the paper... its should be gone now (had my brightness up pretty high, so I didn't see it)

added a bit of color for an idea of how it should look.

Back