Computer Assistance For Comics Under Consideration (January 9, 2008)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
NinjaLA is still trying to work out some of the basics of a Wing Commander comic. One of the issues is whether or not to complement frames drawn by hand with occasional renders. This would speed up art creation for strips with exterior ship scenes. Additionally, while it'd be easy to color the rendered portions, he would probably need assistance coloring the inked parts to match. He's put together a couple of cel-shaded test renders to gauge the reaction and decide what direction to pursue.

--
Original update published on January 9, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still really looking forward to what you come up with Ninja LA. Your previous stuff was excellent.

I think the ship looks great, looks better then the movie Raiper. It looks like the noise can be a plasma cannon and its got the look of a fighter. It could be something that the Boarder Worlds or The Landreich as the idea of using a fighter as a bomber.

I'm pretty sure Ninja's just going to use the Rapier I as the Rapier I (he's out of town and can't reply this week).

I think these drawings are really good. Sometimes I think images like these look even better without the color - they appear so technical in nature.

Looking forward to the end product!

yeah, I'm gonna keep it fairly true to the movie, contrary to popular opinions, I think the Movie Rapier has one of the greatest "WWII in space" of any fighter ever.

I just haven't mocked-up the chaingun for the nose yet.

Also I have returned most triumphantly from my trip!

Back