Comparing endings.....

A

AzrialX

Well I finally beat Free Space and as I thought the ending was quiet dramatic is was much too short and had nothing else that really impressed me...
I also bet WC on the same day and compared the endings...The actually CGI's Wing Commanders we're very impressive and the switch between the final moments with Blair and the destruction of the wormhole were fantasitic, but....and don't roast me for this...but Free Space had (and I don't know if this is because the FS is DVD and the WC is not) a much smoother look to it's CGI that WC did...Also I found the game play graphics better on FS that on WC, but as I said before it might have something to do with FS being on DVD and my Prophecy on regular CD.
As far as handling though I like WC much better...It was easier to keep track of the other ships...but that's my comparison.

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?

[This message has been edited by AzrialX (edited January 15, 2000).]

The graphics would probably look better on a DVD version, but there's no doubt FS CGI would look better on DVD than FMV on CDs in Prophecy. I have FS on normal CDs and the graphics look similar if not worse than in Prophecy. To bad Prophecy DVD was never sold.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I hear that EarthWorm but I thought they had released a DVD version out for Prophecy??? Oh and does this mean that they used model ships then for WC since it's all FMV???

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

There were few copies made of Prophecy DVD, but only people at Origin got them. I think they were suposed to be sold with a DVD player just like WC4 DVD, but they never were.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

You can see another high quality video on the beginning of Descent 3. Is that the same codec they used for FS2?
I don't know how they could get a resolution so high with that quality of sound without even one piece of stuttering...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Back